Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Submitted by 99blackalero:
Quote:
i'll do my best to explain how i did it:

-put both rear seats down
-start by removing the remaining supports by removing the bolts (one on each side), you have to pry up the bottom of them to see them, once the bolts are out pull towards you and twist the left one counter-clockwise to remove it and clockwise for the other one.
-once you've done this, you have to remove the plastic at the top of the opening into the trunk by removing the plastic clips, careful not to break them, should be 4 of them
- after that, you can remove the two pillars along the rear windshield, they're just held on by clips so be careful when you're prying the off
- when all this is done, you should be able to pry off the rear deck with minimal difficulty, just pry up and pull towards you if i remember correctly.
- the rear speakers are held in by a bracket with clips so they aren't too hard to remove

hope this helped

Additional Comments:
by Final Reality:
Quote:

The amps in all alero's are located on the drivers side of the trunk, up near the top, just pull back the carpeting at the top of the trunk on the drivers side and you'll see it in there, it's very tiny..

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
tenny

do all aleros have an amp?
Old 09-24-2004, 01:23 AM   #3
1WhiteOSV

no..they all do NOT. Only the one's w/ the premium sound..I think mostly 99-00 because I think in 01 they started using Monsoon systems
Old 04-27-2005, 11:42 PM   #4
ryanthefizz
GL Member

ryanthefizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Naich@Apr 3 2004, 09:16 AM
Submitted by 99blackalero:
Quote:

-start by removing the remaining supports by removing the bolts (one on each side), you have to pry up the bottom of them to see them, once the bolts are out pull towards you and twist the left one counter-clockwise to remove it and clockwise for the other one.

where are these supports? pry up on what? any chance u can get pictures? trying to do this on my 2door and im having troubles.
ryanthefizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:15 AM   #5
bigd6983

i just did the speaker replacement and did it without removing my rear seats.......so it definately is possible....
Old 04-28-2005, 01:05 PM   #6
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
Remove your seats, as in take out? you deff. don't have to do that.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:17 PM   #7
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
for a 2dr I bet you will break something if you take the whole deck out like I did, so do NOT do this. Instead, per someone's good tip here, just undo the plastic nails/clips behind the seat. Then pull the back deck trim out so the deck can move up a little bit(so the back seat locks won't obstruct its path). and force your hand underneath the middle of the rack and make a fist. This will push it up to a point where you can pull out the 6x9s.
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #8
TwistedDreams
VIP

TwistedDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TwistedDreams
is it a good amp because I have gotten rid of my speakers and amp and I have another amp and no subs so maybe I could switch out the amps? Is it better than a 200 Watt Baja amp?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #9
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
question

"- after that, you can remove the two pillars along the rear windshield, they're just held on by clips so be careful when you're prying the off"

how do I do that?
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:00 AM   #10
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
wait hold on

Quote:
Originally Posted by eag182 View Post
for a 2dr I bet you will break something if you take the whole deck out like I did, so do NOT do this. Instead, per someone's good tip here, just undo the plastic nails/clips behind the seat. Then pull the back deck trim out so the deck can move up a little bit (so the back seat locks won't obstruct its path). and force your hand underneath the middle of the rack and make a fist. This will push it up to a point where you can pull out the 6x9s.

so does he mean leave everything, take off the plastic speaker covers, pull off the trim, then push up underneath?

how would that work if the speakers are attached?
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote