Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 06-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #21
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJules View Post
lmao, what did you guys do wrong though?

I forgot about them.
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #22
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
thats why i havent cleared mine yet...murphys law hits me hard on stuff like that and i need to shop where ion shop at he always getting stuff dirt cheap
Old 06-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #23
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
well i need dirt cheap headlights and i sent aas an emailasking how much of a discount and clearing them would cost me
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #24
cliffordwoeller

Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
#1 punctuation .........Worse case scenario i think richie lives near you.

Yea well I never think about adding periods or commas or anything like that unless its something business related and who is richie ?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #25
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordwoeller View Post
Yea well I never think about adding periods or commas or anything like that unless its something business related and who is richie ?

Nothing to do with business, it just makes it easier to read the post. But anyway. Most members here can clear the corners. Richie is Aftermath. That or search some local ho owners. Unless you want to ship them to one of us.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I sent AAS an email asking how much of a discount I get and how much clearing them would cost me.
10% if they still go by the sponsor program, Aleromod isn't on the list last time I checked. I'm not sure if AAS would clear headlight corners for you, lol, and if they do, it's going to be an assraping.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #27
cliffordwoeller

ok so how about i buy the lights from some where instead of shipping them to me ship them to someone thats willing to do a good job in clearing them for me and then pay for them to ship to me
Old 06-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #28
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
not sure what asking price is to clear but if you want me to clear em, your more than welcome to send em my way with some cash. Just lemme know
Old 06-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #29
kniedelm9490
GL Member

kniedelm9490 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kniedelm9490
Quote:
not sure what asking price is to clear but if you want me to clear em, your more than welcome to send em my way with some cash. Just lemme know

haha that is a tempting offer considering you live in chicago
kniedelm9490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #30
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
dear god. why can't newbs do this?!!? put it in the oven on the lowest setting for like 10 mins, checking it every few minutes, until you can tell its loose. geeze, stop ignoring these things in the oven!
Old 06-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #31
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
i cleared mine by putting the oven on Low probably around 150-200 for 10mins came right apart.. trick is to WATCH them
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #32
cliffordwoeller

i didnt ignore it i set a timer on the oven and when i went to get it the lens was all soft and basically i could have molded it into what ever i want but i dont have the gloves i needed so it went to hell and i got pissed and threw the whoile thing off my balcony into the parking lot... made me feel better though and didnt regret doing it cause i had already messed it up and wasnt gonna fix it soo yeah and you know cherrington not all of us are talented enough to do something that might seem sooo simple to you.. just cause its simple to you doesnt mean its that easy for someone else. Like I work on engines when it cxomes to engines I like to think I can figure it out pretty easy and others when it comes to engines cant figure out where the dip stick is or the let alone the radiator cap
Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #33
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
If you have access to a heat gun it is by far the safest and easiset way to do this.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #34
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
i didnt ignore it i set a timer on the oven and when i went to get it the lens was all soft and basically i could have molded it into what ever i want but i dont have the gloves i needed so it went to hell and i got pissed and threw the whoile thing off my balcony into the parking lot... made me feel better though and didnt regret doing it cause i had already messed it up and wasnt gonna fix it soo yeah and you know cherrington not all of us are talented enough to do something that might seem sooo simple to you.. just cause its simple to you doesnt mean its that easy for someone else. Like I work on engines when it cxomes to engines I like to think I can figure it out pretty easy and others when it comes to engines cant figure out where the dip stick is or the let alone the radiator cap

we've had it screwed up much worse then you have... but even still... its not that hard. everyone just keeps cooking them and forgetting. if you keep an eye on it, its pretty basic.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #35
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoL View Post
I forgot about them.

lol oh, well I see how that could be a problem.
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #36
Noseminer
GX Member

Noseminer is on a distinguished road
Wow, makes me second guess clearing mine. I probably still will try it on my own, just won't use the oven method.
Noseminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #37
ares89
GL Member

ares89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are not stronger than the liquid cement GM uses on them so dont try to tear it apart either.

thank you for stating this 9 months after i did mine...

guys, don't be put off by this. just watch them and it'll be fine. lowest setting for a couple minutes... they aren't cookies, 350 isn't needed for 20 minutes..

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping

Last edited by ares89 : 06-15-2008 at 05:01 PM.
ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #38
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniedelm9490 View Post
haha that is a tempting offer considering you live in chicago

lemme know if you wanna ever come over, i can just clear em while your here. It doesnt take long
Old 06-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #39
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I went to a salvage yard and found a totalled alero, I took the 2 front head lights out, cost 20 bucks for both, and cleared em, I sold the original 2 to a neighbor who ran into his garage door when he was drunk, (at least thats the story hes telling me)
Old 06-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #40
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I was really scared to do mine the first time, but I still tried it, and It was simple, only hard part was standing in front of an open oven cause its hot.