Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-16-2008, 12:56 AM   #21
Steven01
GL Member

Steven01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
park on the grass in the rear

our back lane does not have a rear spot to park we have a fence all around the yard then the 2 1/2 garage is rite up to the back ally. And Like i said MY 1973 NOVA is in the garage I would Never 2nd guessse parking that anywhere outside.
Steven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:28 AM   #22
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven01 View Post
AND THE NEWS IS HERE.... THEY WRITT MY ALERO OFF. I had a claim from summer with broken windsheild and door lock was punched that was 950$ They claim thier was 5500 damage this time fender/door skin and paint soo they said it's complete Loss. NOW I HAVE TO GO FIND SOMETHING ELS.... Need a every day vehical I don't have much time to find another vehical they said they will give me a offer in 5 working days. Hmm 160 000km Fully loaded power seat sunroof just not leather. what should i be looking at?

What!?!?!?

That car's no where near totaled

I'd fight that

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #23
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
5,500 us dollars in damage??? dude what insurance do you have, even state farm wouldnt total that, i dunno whats goin on but something doesnt sound right,

its not that bad, due tell the insurance
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:57 AM   #24
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
LOL thats like $1000 to fix that tell them to get their eyes checked

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #25
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
If they let you keep the car and give you a check for the write off then do it...let them say its a total wreck...then get your check and buy it and fix it and have the entire thing kitted

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #26
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGT View Post
If they let you keep the car and give you a check for the write off then do it...let them say its a total wreck...then get your check and buy it and fix it and have the entire thing kitted

Or part it out to us and use the 5500 to buy 2 more aleros that aren't wrecked
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #27
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
lol que
Old 12-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #28
Steven01
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
5,500 us dollars in damage??? dude what insurance do you have, even state farm wouldnt total that, i dunno whats goin on but something doesnt sound right,

its not that bad, due tell the insurance

Well Im in Canada. Manitoba. We dont get to choise our insurance we have 1 place AUTO PACK. And they say anything over 4000 CND DOLLERS would be pritty much a writt off. The guy that did the estimate didnt look like he was in a good mood. Im sure he put Hole Door had to be replaced and fender. My head light from my step mom when she backed into it was all scrached and front of fender had few scratches Nothing serious that why i never got that fixed and on this estimate he put new head light too.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #29
Steven01
GL Member

I donno I Could belive when they said it was a total loss. I was like are you serious? its a fender and a door, then just a paint job on the hole left side of car. They said monday they will give me a price on My car. If its a nice Chunck then I better take it. Alero is paied off it would be nice to get something new. as i would have to do All struts and mounds on The HO and needs new front bumper few other problems with it.

I have a bank appointment tomorow to see what im aproved for a loan. just in case. But if they writt it off with 6500 that means they will probly only offer me like 4000. I DONNO WHAT TO DO. I dont wanna buy it back and fix it becase it is winter and IVE been to the junker for ever trying to find a front bumper. and i dont want to do this during the winter.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #30
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Tell em to suck a big one and fix it yourself with salvage parts for like $1000 more or less. Should've never even claimed isurance on it in the first place for an accident like that if they pull this crap.

Go to junkyard, find an Alero same color.. door for like $500 and fender for like $300. A fews hours worth of work and you're done
Old 12-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #31
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
damn. that fender is pushed in pretty damn far. But im shocked that its total loss! The guy probably wrote down to replace the whole door, repairing that would probably be cheaper though..... How many miles do you have on the car???
Old 12-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #32
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
It's not a total.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:30 AM   #33
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
Tell em to suck a big one and fix it yourself with salvage parts for like $1000 more or less. Should've never even claimed isurance on it in the first place for an accident like that if they pull this crap.

Go to junkyard, find an Alero same color.. door for like $500 and fender for like $300. A fews hours worth of work and you're done

exactly what he said. and if necessary you can find a shop to paint the parts to match.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #34
Steven01
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
damn. that fender is pushed in pretty damn far. But im shocked that its total loss! The guy probably wrote down to replace the whole door, repairing that would probably be cheaper though..... How many miles do you have on the car???

Yea my car is 2001 its a 2.4 and just passed 160 000kms.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #35
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
hmm...i'd say whatever you do, you need to get a better place to park your car. maybe you could get a car lift for your garage? lol

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #36
Steven01
GL Member

well auto pack called me today and had a Little chat with them. Lets just say they started it at 4500 *CND DOLLERS* and I said that a little to low for me. soo they asked few questions then asked what I think and I said I was looking for 7000 *CND DOLLERS* cars paid off thats a good chunk for down payment. But they said they where going to do some more research on it and then Tues or Wednesday They will get back to me.. HMMMM :S
Old 12-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #37
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
You could buy it back, fix it, and enjoy a profit.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #38
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadus101 View Post
You could buy it back, fix it, and enjoy a profit.

Very nice idea. You win the thread. Do that Steve-o
Old 12-21-2008, 12:14 AM   #39
Steven01
GL Member

Yea i gueses Ill ask and see how much the buy back value will be.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #40
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
well here in the states, previeous damage is also writen in the estimate, when its hit real bad, and i mean real bad, the condition of the car is taken in also, the mileage,

buying it back is not a bad option, but it is bad when you take the car to the shop, give them the money to fix it, and when its torn down, there is always more damage!!!!!!!!

then what?? you dont have enough money to pay for parts and labor, then what?? your car is fixed half assed becasue you dont have enough money to fix it, and then we the tech sometimes have no choice but to fix certain things to make a part fit, pisses us off becasue we dont work for free!!!

on the paint matching, sure we can match to a certain level, we cant match a paint fading thats one thing we cant do we can get the color close enough to blend the next panle, or sometimes we call the customer and ask them to come look at the color if they like it, then we spray it, the customer is always right lol it sucks but its true

blending color is more labor= more money,

i dunno i would fix this all day long its not bad but its your choice
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote