Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-07-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OK I was thinking of maybe getting a s/c in the Alero in the winter of 2006. It depends on my tax refund, and if I decide to put out the money.

I met a guy at the track about a year ago and he had the RSM kit in his 3400 GA. He wasn't racing his car though. He said that his car has not idled right since he put in the s/c. This included 3 different PCMs from RSM !!!!

RSM s/c are not CARB legal, which stands for some California Air control thing (I did find the web site from the state of CA).

Is this the way it will be with all s/c in a 3400 Alero. I can't find anything about it

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
sc/alero

redog
mine isn't carb legal either and i have no problems with emmisions at all. i really don't think you would have an issue with it.

i also did check on the other stuff you and i had talked about and it is NOT a smog pump problem. i was going to try and call you but i deleted the pm that had your number in it. so hit me up again and i will give you a call and i can tell you what i found out
Old 06-07-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
OK PM sent.

I have some kind of pump looking thing under my hood and this is why I had to return the heads back to Canada. They were not ported for the air system.

look at the pic below and see what I'm talking about

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 06-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #4
flalero

If you aren't living in Cali, you won't need to worry about the CARB number. However, your car will not pass the inspection in Cali if there is anything on it that is not CARB approved. This is to include; headers, intake, exhaust, and just about anything else you can bolt on. My brother just tried to put on a hi flow cat that had no CARB number and the shop wouldn't even touch it. Just a heads up if you live in Cali.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:58 AM   #5
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
His tag says he's in PA but many states other than CA require emissions testing that is up to the California Air Resource Board (CARB) standard, not sure about PA.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:21 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Yeah it's only Southeastern PA which includes Philly (which is were I am) and the "counties" which I'm moving to soon.

NJ, DE, NY, and a few others have the same laws

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 06-09-2005, 03:22 AM   #7
SikMindz
GL Member

SikMindz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SikMindz
Find a small private smog place and do it that way. I'm in Cali and although I don't have a whole lot of engine mods (see my N-Body registry for a list) I've passed every smog test I've taken with flying colors.