Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 06-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #61
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Dont Deal With Them!

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us. According to our records, you were refundedthe amount of $48.49 on 5/15/08.

Best regards.
Sonia Castro Accars2006
LLC 7760 W. 20TH Ave Suite # 21 Hialeah, FL. 33016 USA Ph# 1-800-995-7604
www.stores.ebay.com/ACCARS2006

Thats an out right lie. My Pay pal reflects no refund and i have never received a refund in any way shape or form. I also have the defective part still...

My response to here E Mail:

Quote:
Hello,

I still have the defective bearing, so I doubt any refund has been issued as the defective product hasnt been returned as of yet. If this is not the case Im unsure why i had to pay $48 for an advanced replacement.

My Pay Pal Records show no refund. I have received no refund via mail and have not recieved or cashed any refunds by any other means.

Im going to give this one more chance then I will call the credit card company. I only want whats fair, nothing more nothing less.

I want to return your defective part and be refunded the due price of $48 I paid for the advanced replacement. I do not wish to be ripped off and at this point Im feeling like thats whats happening.

All I can say is if I get an unstatisfactory reply to this one she can deal with the credit card company...
Old 06-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #62
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ok, that went quickly.

Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt here and believe they mixed me up with someone else.

After my last email they requested my Pay Pal info and refunded the $48 I paid for the replacement. The money already came back and is being refunded to my credit card direct.

So all is well.

Quote:
Dear google_me_basstronics,

Your paypal has been credited.
You DO NOT have to send the defective back.

Thanks for your business.

-accars2006

ok i guess... Just all seems odd... Why did I have to pay for a replacement then to start with?
Old 06-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #63
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
So are the hubs that you ended up with working fine and all?
Old 06-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #64
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Now they are

One thing I will note is I loosened up the wheel nuts.

My torque wrench only goes upto 150 Ft Lbs. It wouldnt click... So it must not work right...

At any rate, I loosened them up with my 1/2 breaker bar. True torque is unknown, but probably around 100 Ft Lbs or so.

I think a major problem is they are over preloading the bearings.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #65
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
Bought accars hubs off of eBay and 90 days later they are both bad.

Were they made in China?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #66
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Nope its not available from any place... Except Rock ive found.

Rock said the shipping was that high due to the item being out of stock and is drop shipped from the OEM.

I asked why the drop ship price is $18 for the nuts alsone, but with my other items the nut portion was $31... no response...

Did you try NAPA? Seriously, the NAPA near me seems to have just about everything, or can quicly get it from a nearby (couple of miles away) distrubution center.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #67
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Were they made in China?

The accars are from China for sure. Says it right on the baring..
Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #68
zzyzzx
GLS member

Quote:
The accars are from China for sure. Says it right on the baring..

That would certainly explain the early failure rate.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #69
reddog37
GX Member

reddog37 is on a distinguished road
When I replaced my Front Right Hub I got the hub from CarQuest. I forget the brand offhand and it was about $10 dollars more expensive than the same part at the other part stores, but Carquest Hubs had a LIFETIME WARRANTY on it!!!!

Well worth the extra cost in my opinion. I would highly recommend saving yourself the worry and frustration in the future and get a Hub with a good warranty. As a poster before said 'sometimes you get what you paid for.'
reddog37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:42 PM   #70
BeeMain
GX Member

BeeMain is on a distinguished road
it's just the ABS sensor.

Mine has been on/off for the last year. need to finally replace the sensor unit, it's getting a little old.
BeeMain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:27 PM   #71
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Quote:
That would certainly explain the early failure rate.

Ya they are cheap bearings for sure. I deal with Tapered Rollers all the time.

I still intend to tear this accars one down, measure up the bearing find the equivalent and get proper torque specs.

I think they have us torquing them down WAY to much.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #72
zzyzzx
GLS member

Did you know that they were made in China before you bought them?
Personally I would not put Chinese parts in my car if I had a choice, espically some no-name brand.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #73
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Did you know that they were made in China before you bought them?
Personally I would not put Chinese parts in my car if I had a choice, espically some no-name brand.
Now a days I wouldn't be surprised if the whole car came from china except the frame and body panels.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #74
zzyzzx
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Now a days I wouldn't be surprised if the whole car came from china except the frame and body panels.

So far, except for stereo componenets and hardware, I've been able to keep made in China stuff completely out of my cars with respect to replacement parts.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #75
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
So far, except for stereo componenets and hardware, I've been able to keep made in China stuff completely out of my cars with respect to replacement parts.
I here that I'm all for american made. Just as long as the quality is there.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #76
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Appears the single replacement bearing I got in is failing again.

Im not to happy.

Im going to tighten up the axle nut. if it continues Im going to replace it with a Timken branded ne.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #77
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

OMG that sucks. I wonder what the problem is with those bearings
Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #78
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
That sucks. Now I'm dreading putting mine on. Hoping I don't have these same problems.
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #79
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Time to kick some ass.

I had mine replaced with "National" bearings, They were a bit more expensive that the OEM ones. but they work really good.

http://www.federal-mogul.com/en/AftermarketSolutions/EMEA/SteeringSolutions/Products/NationalWheelEndParts/HubAssemblies/
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #80
spinalator
GX Member

spinalator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Appears the single replacement bearing I got in is failing again.

Im not to happy.

Im going to tighten up the axle nut. if it continues Im going to replace it with a Timken branded ne.

$hitty. Is this the one you replaced twice?
spinalator is offline   Reply With Quote