Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Radio Bezel

If someone has photoshop handy, i need some remodeling ideas.

I want to relocate my window/mirror/lock controls to my radio bezel(I have a 2 door). I definitely want to cut the old holders (plastic retainers) out and mold then into the new place. to limit how crazy the rewiring would be. This way the harnesses/wiring stays the same

(more appropriately.. get the idea here, then send the pieces to bdyman to mock up)

I have a good idea of what to do with the windows/locks... but the power mirror switch throws me off. The passanger window switch can be omitted, since the driver's side has both windows on it. I'd still need both door locks, and the power mirror switch. I also want this to look good, and as symmetrical as possible.

I have 3 ideas.

1) move the A/C controls down, and mount them under the radio
2) Fill in the cubby, and mount them under the A/C controls
3) Where the cup holder is, angle a piece of plastic up, infront of the cubby (but not completely covering the hole) and mounted them on the flat angled surface...

So... photoshop'ers... have at it. Please
Old 08-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
clinton_62
GX Member

clinton_62 is on a distinguished road
I bet # 3 could be done easiest.
I personally can't do photoshop, but good luck with this.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinton_62 View Post
I bet # 3 could be done easiest.
I personally can't do photoshop, but good luck with this.

well... none of them will be "easy" hence why i want a professional plastic man to do it. (i doubt you could do the same with fiberglass... but i'm not sure)

and to clarify on #3. The cup holder there will be gone. It will be replaced with a piece of plastic angled up slightly (to make it easy to press even with the shifter in the way) but angled back down on the other side, so the cubby is still useful.

The downside is i think shifter will be very in the way, when its in park.

Under the radio I think would be ideal... but how to get them mounted, so it looks good (like they always were suppose to be there)
Old 08-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Make some abs sluge to do the filling and scuff up plastic and drill some holes for the glass.
If u wanna fill cubby Just use some t-shirt material and glass add like 2 layers of mat and your good use filler and sand smooth.
Or if move ac or what ever take some abs plasic put it in a glass jar and put accetone or mineral spirts in it it will eventually turn the plastic gooey. Then take it out use a spreader and fill it will harden like new plasic once it dries.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

you can buy abs plastic?? why haven't i heard of this before??
Old 08-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
ok his medicine must be working real well, becasue you cant buy ABS plastic, you can buy plastic welding rods, that comes in TPO,TPE,TEO, ABS and a universal rod
i can do it from plastic its not a problem, but i need a picture, and the mock up sent to me and your pieces sent so i can make it for you

i kinda know what you want to do, but i really need to see it to really get the feel for what you want done
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did I say buy abs? If so wow just cut up an old computer moniter or ps2.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
ummm wow yaaaaaaaaaaaa

chris mock it up or photoshop the picture but make it big enough so i can see what you want
Old 08-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #9
cherrington17
Gone

i'll try to get a rough copy... then have someone with photoshop get a decent copy.

obviously, bdy... i wouldn't send a project like this to you, until we both have a very good idea of what the end result should be.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
bdyman
GLS member

whenever your ready
Old 08-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
I have a suggestion but cant shop it, cherringtion, i guess youll have to flow my words to figure out what im getting at,

tape a piece a paper to the bottom of your ac controls. then take the bottom of the baby and follow the curve of the front cup holder closest to the the shifter and create a kinda curved but flowing plate over all that, the switches could be mounted vertically on that plate running down from the ac controls towards your shifter.
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #12
bdyman
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroDrime View Post
I have a suggestion but cant shop it, cherringtion, i guess youll have to flow my words to figure out what im getting at,

i dont think you know what your getting at
Old 08-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #13
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
i'd need a picture of the console... high angle preferably... and a picture of the switches you want relocated. why don't you put all that stuff more near the horizontal part of the center console and not on the vertical near the radio... put em by the e-brake or something.

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #14
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

lol ill try to get a picture of what im thinking tomorrow
Old 08-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
just put it in the arm rest, much easier

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post

i like that suggestion but its cherringtons car, thatd be easiest, though no more tissue pocket with the wires there
Old 08-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #17
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
hell, ive had my window switches in there for over a year and i still fit plenty of shit in there

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
i'd need a picture of the console... high angle preferably... and a picture of the switches you want relocated. why don't you put all that stuff more near the horizontal part of the center console and not on the vertical near the radio... put em by the e-brake or something.
I'll get some pics tomorrow. A whole bunch of different angles, and maybe a few mock drawings, just to get ideas flowing. I am open to other suggestions, so feel free to add anything you'd consider more functional or asthetic.

The ebrake part would work for the windows and lock... but not the power mirror. That switch/assembly is huge. (in comparison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post

i'd prefer not to. I still want them out in the open, and easily reachable for both driver and passanger.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #19
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
What about having Bdyman mock up a plastic piece that goes inthe cubby hole under your radio? You could just take the switches out and turn them horizontally and put them there. Still provides both passenger and driver easy access and is out in the open.
-Smurf-
Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #20
cherrington17
Gone

thought about it... but i think the shifter would block alot of access to the switches there. I think the most functional idea, is to move the HVAC down, and mount them between that and the radio.

i can't seem to get a good symmetrical layout of the switches though..