Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-28-2003, 09:28 PM   #1
shockz

Recently we had to get a new radio under warranty because the cd player was not working right.

So when we get the new radio (same thing - stock) we see right off the bat that there is a problem with it.

You know at night when you have your headlights on, the radio display gets dimmer... well when the headlights go off the radio display still stays on the dim level and doesn't light up to the normal day level.

In the day it looks like the display isn't even on, because the dim level is on.

Guy at the dealarship was no help, but tomorrow I'm calling again and I'm not taking any runarounds or crap from them... but I wanted to ask here first to see if anybody knew what the problem was.

- AleroGL02
Old 12-28-2003, 09:52 PM   #2
misslindseysue

This may be painfully obvious, but did you try the dimmer switch? On the left side of the steering wheel, next to the fog lights, you can turn it up. If it's way down, it'll look like that.

If you've already tried that, I dunno.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:55 PM   #3
shockz

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Dec 29 2003, 02:52 AM
This may be painfully obvious, but did you try the dimmer switch? On the left side of the steering wheel, next to the fog lights, you can turn it up. If it's way down, it'll look like that.

If you've already tried that, I dunno.
Ya, I tried that and the lights changed when I moved the knobs up and down.

I changed the fuse, and it was bright for a second, but then it went back to dim.

Thanks for the reply though.

The odometer changes from dim to light when I do move the dimmer switch though. So atleast thats not broke.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:45 AM   #4
misslindseysue

Seems like something is wired wrong, then. Take it in and ask for a mech. to come out so you can show him/her the problem. Service writers usually don't really know what's going on, especially weird stuff like that, it's best to talk to the person who put it in, or knows how to fix it. Always works for me to just pull in and ask nicely if there's a mechanic who isn't too busy to look at it for a sec.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:45 PM   #5
shockz

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Dec 30 2003, 02:45 PM
Seems like something is wired wrong, then. Take it in and ask for a mech. to come out so you can show him/her the problem. Service writers usually don't really know what's going on, especially weird stuff like that, it's best to talk to the person who put it in, or knows how to fix it. Always works for me to just pull in and ask nicely if there's a mechanic who isn't too busy to look at it for a sec.
Will do, thanks.

AleroGL02
Old 12-30-2003, 09:31 PM   #6
shockz

Took it to the dealarship...

The first guy used some excuse about how it was a 2004 radio in my 2002 GL model. I didn't really think that was the cause, because a store bought radio would work fine.

So I left and 5 minutes later I came back and talked to another guy... He decided to order another radio.

I am now waiting for him to call me when he gets it.

I just hope this one works.

- AleroGL02
Old 12-30-2003, 10:50 PM   #7
misslindseysue

Glad you got someone to do something. Maybe they'll install the new one right.