Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Angry Unkown Leak

I have an unkown new leak on the rear passenger area of the floor. It's under the mat and no where else. I took it in to Reliable and they couldn't diagnose the issue That's twice that they couldn't diagnose an issue . The first time being valve tapping even after supposedly putting in all new valves and it still tapping. I took it back in they said "we can't hear any tappping" LOL reminded me of the hear no evil monkey .

Anyone have any Ideas as far as plugs and such in that area of the vehicle?
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
The body has a seam in it that splits and lets in water when driving in the rain.

Happened to my car YEARS ago when it was still under waranty. Don't know what they did to it, but I haven't had a problem since

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
I guess I'll buy some goop or some other sealant and do it myself then.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I recently noticed my truck gets water... I got the spare out and there was about 3-4 inches of water in there...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
SIUlero
GL Member

SIUlero is on a distinguished road
Mine is getting water in the rear floorboard as well...I finally narrowed it down to the plastic seal behind the door panel. Gonna have to go in and re-seal that in the next few days.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/CrazyOldsGuy
SIUlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Cav60, did you mean "trunk"? If so, could be the trunk seal letting it in or the tail lamps. Pull the carpet back in the trunk and check the tails and also do a paper test on the trunk seal to see if it's holding well.
if your not familiar with that, take a piece of paper about 8-10" long and around 2" wide. Pop the trunk, place paper over seal, close trunk. Is it easy to pull paper out or is there a good amount of resistance there to "pull" it out? Go all around the seal like this to test for fit. Also, if the seal grabs so tightly that you cannot remove the paper the trunk is set too low. You should be able to slide the paper out but not too easily if you catch my drift.
As for the water in the passenger well guys, you want to fix the pass through asap. From cowl to cabin the seal there goes for shit quite often causing that leak as said above! The reason I say to fix that one quick is the fact that dealing with corroded leads to your BCM, which is right there, is a huge job. Not one you want to do when fixing that fast will completely avoid it!!....lol
Old 10-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
my trunk leaks too. i found the vent in the passenger rear fender letting water and dirt in. just a fyi
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
my trunk leaks too. i found the vent in the passenger rear fender letting water and dirt in. just a fyi

Where can I find this vent? Pics?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
pull the passenger side truck velvit. its a black thing with rubber flaps on it. its right behind the wheel well and from the outside the forwardmost part of the rear bumper covers it up. i had about an inch of dirt caked in there when i got my car. i still dont think its fixed but i havnt checked. reminds me of the see no evil monkey.