Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Center console lid question

The center console on my 1999 Alero has a lid on it where the inside of the lid looks as if it's intended to hold something. I'm just having trouble imagining what that something is. What, if anything do you use it for?

And since there is no ash try, where am I supposed to put my garbage?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
C_EICK

i use it to stor my packs of gum. The alero has all kind of funny nooks though, like the little cubby on the left of your steering wheel...although, my bluetooth headset fits perfectly in there.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
loose change
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
troyertrain
GLS member

troyertrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to troyertrain Send a message via MSN to troyertrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
The center console on my 1999 Alero has a lid on it where the inside of the lid looks as if it's intended to hold something. I'm just having trouble imagining what that something is. What, if anything do you use it for?

And since there is no ash try, where am I supposed to put my garbage?

it was designed to hold tissues i believe. i have also though, in the past, used it to hold my gum and random stuff like that.

and your garbage goes in a garbage can but seriously, our cars had the option of a smokers package me thinks, that came with a real ash tray akin to what came in the sunfires/cavvys...
troyertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Actually I was wondering if it was intended to maybe hold maps or sunglasses. But it doesn't liike right for glasses. The console itself seems to be sized to hold standard sized CD cases.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #6
zzyzzx
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyertrain View Post
it was designed to hold tissues i believe. i have also though, in the past, used it to hold my gum and random stuff like that.

and your garbage goes in a garbage can but seriously, our cars had the option of a smokers package me thinks, that came with a real ash tray akin to what came in the sunfires/cavvys...

Where would this real ash tray be? Pics?

I like the lighter oulet with the cap on it instead of an actual lighter that I'll never use.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
The factory ash tray option ($12 when I ordered my Alero new in late 1998), was a round drop-in that fit in the forward cup holder and had a lid on it. I ebay'd it a year or so back.
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #8
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal_awakening View Post
The factory ash tray option ($12 when I ordered my Alero new in late 1998), was a round drop-in that fit in the forward cup holder and had a lid on it. I ebay'd it a year or so back.
Yep that's what I have now but don't use it cause....I don't smoke.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
its for tissues, they make small packs just for cars. i never use it for that tho
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #10
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
its for tissues, they make small packs just for cars. i never use it for that tho
Awesome avatar! LMAO
Old 06-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
tissues? i thought we were talking about the small cupholder style thing just before the cubby hole in the center console forwardmost of the car haha. i put change in the circular hole with the rubber "lid", and my glasses case in the actual console area u nderneath the headunit.

there's also the rectangular area on the headliner that small containers of tissue would work in

ediiiiiiiiiit: didn't read above posts lol now i get it

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 06-27-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #12
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
i have the smokers alero too..
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #13
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Yep that's what I have now but don't use it cause....I don't smoke.

i cut an olds symbol into mine.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
There you go and add some led's.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:

oh i thought that was the lid of the cupholder
Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #16
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
nope. it was an ashtray. i put a 1/4" stereo jack in the bottom of it, so i have a 3 contact quick disconnect for the ground, and 2 led colors. then just put a female on the bottom of the center console piece (through the rubber surround) and wha-la! got yourself a glowing ashtray.

actually, it was Imsobored's ashtray. he mailed it to me, so i didn't destroy my own, incase i botched it completely.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
nope. it was an ashtray. i put a 1/4" stereo jack in the bottom of it, so i have a 3 contact quick disconnect for the ground, and 2 led colors. then just put a female on the bottom of the center console piece (through the rubber surround) and wha-la! got yourself a glowing ashtray.

actually, it was Imsobored's ashtray. he mailed it to me, so i didn't destroy my own, incase i botched it completely.
Thats a neat little trick, neve thought of that one!!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #18
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet! I had never noticed that there was storage space in the lid of the center console. I just bought myself gum for the sole reason of putting it there. My Alero and this forum never seize to surprise me.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #19
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
^ the word is "cease" and yeah...I learn something new everytime I spend more than 5 minutes on here.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #20
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
Sweet! I had never noticed that there was storage space in the lid of the center console. I just bought myself gum for the sole reason of putting it there. My Alero and this forum never seize to surprise me.

how could you own a car and not tinker/open/play with everything inside it!? ....w/in a week??