Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #21
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
You said no turbo's bolt up exactly?
What about this one I found on EBAY for the 2.4L Cavalier?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDMS-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
we said no turbo KITS bolt up exactly. how the hell do you expect a charge pipe made for the cavalier to be the exact length and shape to fit around an n-body's engine bay and bumper
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #23
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
there are some nice progressive controllers to slowly increase the supercharger boost on launch, but then you might as well get a turbo, unless you are biased to superchargers, like I am!!
Exactly. It all comes down to personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksobsession View Post
turbo v supercharger, which is cheaper, which is less pita? the threads on these are all over the place.
The supercharger would be cheaper and less pain in the ass because everything comes in a kit and bolts on. The only thing you have to figure out is how to add fuel in boost.

The turbo would be all custom because there is no kit available. You could by a kit for a Cavalier or Cobalt, but the pipes wouldn't fit and then you'd have to spend more to have everything fabricated.

The turbo's advantage over the supercharger is more power and easier upgradeability. Plus, if you ever wanted to run more boost, all it takes is the simple turn of a knob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicX View Post
You said no turbo's bolt up exactly?
What about this one I found on EBAY for the 2.4L Cavalier?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDMS-...QQcmdZViewItem
The only thing I would use out of that "kit" is the oil lines, and the pipes to fabricate some that fit. If you're going turbo, stay away from knock off stuff on eBay. Most of the the "kits" sold are a bunch of generic parts put in one box and called a kit. Nothing is a direct bolt on type of deal. The "kit" in that link doesn't even include an exhaust manifold and who knows what kind of quality that turbo is.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #24
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
See, for the things Spilner list above,

I'd go with Supercharger. just because of alot less bullshit.

I hate how they sound though.

To me, Hearing a turbo spool up and the blow off valve is much scarier and makes me do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #25
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
There's no bullshit about it. If you don't know anything about boost but want it, supercharger is easier and cheaper. If you know a lot about boost and how it works and don't mind spending a little more to do it right, a turbo will get you more power.

About that video, the checkout girl is smokin hot....and was that Justin Timberlake as the janitor?
Old 12-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
That video was posted on JBO today in reference to the news story about the woman who has 200 orgasms a day. "Suffers" from Permanent Sexual Arousal Syndrome.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote