Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
JD1
GX Member

JD1 is on a distinguished road
trunk

so I want to get rid of the line and the inner trunk lights. My question is what is the best way to do this. Should I just use filler pieces for the lights and have the line welded shut or would it be best to have a who new piece made?

I remeber seeing a fiberglass smoothed trunk made, but is this the best route to go?

regards
JD
JD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
gonna have a hard time welding the line shut because the bottom piece is plastic.........anywhoos.....if you have no experience doing bodywork your best bet is to take it to a bodyshop, if you want to try though, get an extra trunk lid....
Old 01-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
gonna have a hard time welding the line shut because the bottom piece is plastic.........anywhoos.....if you have no experience doing bodywork your best bet is to take it to a bodyshop, if you want to try though, get an extra trunk lid....
qft. also, since you're doing stuff with the trunk, re-align the rubber seal so that the ends are not at the trunk latch...mine rusted and is just about falling off.....
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote