Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 11-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
extreme_kustom_audio
GX Member

extreme_kustom_audio is on a distinguished road
euro hoods

so ive lookd and seen no topic on this. well that may be because they dont make these for are cars. so on to the point. come across the ideal on a grand am site.i know theres talk that grand am dont fit us, but i read that they will do a production run if there was enough people for the run, that they would do a run for pons..so i got in my head to email them tonight to see if they would do a production run for are cars just the aleros any yr. i also asked if in the production run if they could do the color that have for other cars, bc i knw all of us dont want clear hoods.so upon the though maybe we dont want to open the hood at a show so if u show alot theres a clear hood. but lets get off the point of a differ run, its an ideal im working on for now.......so may i ask? if this is even possible to have them do this for us, how many of you think its a good ideal. ill link the site thats got all the colors.also in the email i asked them if that if they did the production run would they do a mod to it like a cowl or a ram style or any style intakes for the hood...

so heres the link just click the pic and it will inlarge the pic for the other colors
http://www.jcwhitney.com/TRANSPARENT...;N;2006533;0;0

so all in all i just want knw if you all think this is a good ideal? also how many would buy this,and do u think if they do this for us should we just make a one off style with vents and any color we want.

maybe all a waste of thread and a post and lots of flaming but we all want one off right just a random thought and ideal

for all the pep this may loose just go to the site ull c what im talking bout if u would like to have one of the pm me and let me knw bc i might get it made

Last edited by extreme_kustom_audio : 11-09-2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: addon for understanding
extreme_kustom_audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
I have no idea what you just said.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
rice...
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
everytime I open the page for the hoods it tells me there is an error and closes my interwebs, maybe because im @ work, but idk its lame. Im 50-50 about transparent hoods, color matched would be kinda cool, but still ricy.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
hell yeah JCWhitney

he wants a see through hood
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
extreme_kustom_audio
GX Member

yea love the bash new it was coming all well the point of puting this up is i knw theres not alot of parts for are cars unless there custom done and i figure i just share with everyone yea it mayb rice or lame and shit but its a thought and like ive heard others say people bitch bc the parts arnt there and when there offered there rice and shit like that threw out well i wounder why the big companys dont make the parts for some cars so all that said bash me the hell away so i can get a good laugh for all the bash for a thought for aftermarket.................
Old 11-09-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
I think people are looking for more performance parts than visual stuff. like a good turbo or intercooled supercharger kit, more than a transparent hood, not trying to bash, just throwing in my 2 cents.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #8
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
^^^^ x2
Old 11-09-2009, 01:55 AM   #9
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
why the eff would you want people to see your stock engine?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 AM   #10
extreme_kustom_audio
GX Member

if ur refuring to my pic thats a pic from when first got car 4 yrs ago.....and no it would be for the modded nice show engines or ect
Old 11-09-2009, 06:35 AM   #11
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

DansGen1Alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
this is NOT rice or lame. This IS a good idea. It is for show cars that have engine work done so you dont have to prop your hood. I think its a great idea, although I do not have interest in buying.

"Vinyl belongs on the side of a house not on a car"
DansGen1Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:42 AM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
I do not have any interest in this product, my carbon fiber cowl hood is just fine thanx.......
Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
west virgina mst had not tought fonics in shcooll.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #14
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Can I get one in white?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Actually what's cool about these is you can paint them like the R/C car bodies:

I think a smoke tint hood would look pretty neat:
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #16
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
ehh. it'd be a giant PITA to keep the inside clean. Hell.. i don't even clean my engine, let alone the inside of the hood.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #17
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
Ion, that fire one is hott, lmao pun intented.

Cherry, they are more for show cars.....ie people that do religiously clean their engine bays. I think they would be fairly easiy to clean, just a wipe down with some glass cleaner......now if you have a collant leak and it sprays off the belt that could be messy, lol

Old 11-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #18
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
A clear hood for a daily driver would get so scratched from stone chips, and bugs, and little kids chasing a soccer ball, that it would look like crap after a while. However, if you have an engine bay worth showing off, and are putting your car into an auto show, the clear hood would be a nice touch!! (for just the car show though)
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

I agree, they have that film stuff for headlights, whats to say something like that wouln't work.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #20
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th0r View Post
west virgina mst had not tought fonics in shcooll.

can we please be friends? haha
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote