Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-06-2023, 07:44 PM   #61
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
The BBB was very understanding and processed my response today. Hopefully something good happens for someone.

After 5+ years of waiting, here is my 2 cents for what it is worth; If you don't have the tools/time/know how/etc.. to make the parts yourself or if Wottech does not have the parts you need, maybe pick a Mustang or a Camaro to modify instead and for godsakes, do not ever pay for something up front.

Last edited by dbral : 03-06-2023 at 08:05 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:10 PM   #62
dbral
GX Member

The BBB did post some of our conversation (Went pretty much like all of the other customers did) and tried to help out even though this issue is well past the BBB 12 month maximum time frame rule. Have not heard back from the company nor have the parts arrived as of yet.

Best of luck everyone. Hopefully it works out for us all somehow. Here is how the conversation ended. I agreed to have Miltzy Motorsports send all of the owed parts. Guess we will see if MMS comes thru for one of us maybe. Not holding my breath though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mzy2 - Copy.jpg (17.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg mzy3 - Copy.jpg (16.9 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by dbral : 03-30-2023 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2023, 06:06 PM   #63
dbral
GX Member

i posted this back in 03/2021
Quote:
Part of the reason that I decided to start this thread is that I am basically "Throwing in the towel" so to speak. If I get the parts...great. If I get refunded...okay. If it takes years longer to get the parts or I never receive the parts ....not so great. It is mainly on this last statement that I would like to keep all of you informed. Make no mistake, I have only myself to blame for throwing thousands of dollars at a 500 dollar car in the manner that I did so I do not have any ill will towards MMS in that regard at all. I guess I will deem my experience so far with this as the "Mystique" of dealing with said company and I will continue to report the facts of my current transaction, whether good or bad, as they unfold (If anyone cares to read them that is). Hopefully it will be helpful to the forum in some way.

Still no response from the business or tracking numbers either. This situation is mostly my fault as i was way too trusting and kind for the first 3 or 4 years.
According to http://www.clerk.co.montgomery.oh.us/pro/ Milzy motorsport is currently dealing with yet another lawsuit from yet another customer for the same issue.

Asking for a full refund at this point. Gave MMS the same deal they gave me 5+ years ago. Pay me in full, upfront including shipping and then i will send the parts back.

Last edited by dbral : 04-28-2023 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:11 PM   #64
dbral
GX Member

Update 4/28/2023 Well, i think that is it folks. The company refuses to send all of the parts and refuses to refund me for all of the parts and does not respond to communications. Best of luck to all of those in similar situations and hopefully somebody finds this thread helpful.

From the MMS website; "These headers are considered a custom order, as they are built to order rather than being a stocked item. All custom orders are non-refundable....."
If milzy motorsports demands that customers adhere to their policy then customers also expect milzy motorsports to do the same, especially after waiting for many years....and being denied a refund years ago as well.

Posted by milzy motorsports 11/17/2017 grandamgt.com; "As I said, everyone gets their parts."
False statement.

Last edited by dbral : 04-28-2023 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:00 PM   #65
dbral
GX Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qFUj68w2so

A new video has appeared made by yet another satisfied customer

Here is an email sent to me 2.5 years ago by the featured company....

I wish I had more time to spend on a reply for you. I understand your frustration, and acknowledge and appreciate the patience you've shown. I would love to give you concrete dates of completion, but that's just not how this stuff works. The headers project is not being farmed out, just the bending process, which technically was already being farmed out. Rather than buying pre-bent pieces in nominal bend angles, and then cutting them to size and welding them together, we are now moving forward to have the tubes one-piece mandrel bent, drastically reducing the necessary labor on our end, which Milzy Motorsports will still be doing, in fact during 2020, I have learned to TIG weld, so I will most likely be doing the bulk of the work on those and every other fabrication project here..

I will work on getting you the parts as I said on my last e-mail. Everything will be fine, and your father/daughter project will get done. Just have some faith.

Once again, appreciate your patience. If you become available for a phone conversation some time, let me know, and I can reach out.

lol "Voicemail full" and blah blah blah.... i'm beating a dead horse here, but just to be fair, the "company" contacted me and wants me to agree to their terms of reimbursing me for the headers and sending me the rest of the parts. So, i said sure, reimburse me for not being able to do what you promised almost 6 years ago, and send me the rest. Or, you can have an additional 6 months to complete the headers if you would like. That was around 2 months ago and still nothing but we shall see.

Dear Potential Customers, there is enough info out there on this "business" currently that it is now YOUR fault if you choose to roll the dice. 2 words...due diligence. i'm not saying to not deal with said company. What i'm saying instead is to write up a contract...a very good contract that is, before you do any dealings and make it worth your while....ask the "company" to deduct your legal fees for drawing up said contract from the purchase price....or something along those lines anyway. Protect yourself, please.

In short, don't be stupid and foolish like me.

i'll let the forum know if milty motors actually comes thru.....lol

Oh, and one more thing. Maybe all of us milzty motor "customers" can get together and do a "Group Buy" on what it is we can do together to rectify our situations. Need a minimum of 6 to move forward lol. PM me please

Last edited by dbral : 07-13-2023 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-14-2023, 12:33 AM   #66
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
MMS is quite the terribly operated business. I'm so glad I had Ron Davis Racing Products make my radiator instead of waiting on this joker to have an inferior design (never) made.

By your fourth lawsuit as a very small business, it's time to make a change.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 11:03 PM   #67
dbral
GX Member

Went to the Ron Davis site and was impressed. First i have heard of them. Nice to actually have an option like this.

So fortunate i did not order that rad. from milzy motors.
Old 07-14-2023, 11:36 PM   #68
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I have the only one at the moment. It's amazing. I wanted a radiator that would be able to handle anything I throw at it. Took measurements and pictures, gave them a stock radiator for reference, and now I have the best one there is and learned a lot about the cooling system talking to Ron himself.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 11:50 PM   #69
dbral
GX Member

Would love to have one of those. The cooling system seems like a such weak area for these cars. Our v6 car runs a line or two above 210 on the gauge during hot weather....doesn't matter if it is going 70mph down the highway or sitting in traffic. Your upgraded radiator is worth every penny esp. when modifications have been done.
Old 07-20-2023, 09:13 PM   #70
homegrown
GX Member

homegrown is on a distinguished road
I can't tell you how sick this whole thing makes me. Now we know why aftermarket performance shops have such a bad rep - it's because of things like this. I wish I could help you out, but I doubt I'd be able to get any movement for you.
Old 07-21-2023, 11:15 PM   #71
dbral
GX Member

Quote:
I can't tell you how sick this whole thing makes me. Now we know why aftermarket performance shops have such a bad rep - it's because of things like this. I wish I could help you out, but I doubt I'd be able to get any movement for you.

Thanks for the concern and yeah, there is nothing that anyone can do to help out those in this situation, esp. because it technically is the customers fault too for being trusting/foolish/caught up in the moment. You guys tried to warn me and i did not listen, so i understand why people fall for this scam. Let's face it, we could have spent way less $ on other cars for at least X2 the performance and value but we don't...mostly because we still love these cars and want something different. Money really does not factor in.

Maybe the best help possible is to spread the word and ask people to protect themselves and research before pulling the trigger on parts.

Still think it is funny that ion's 4cyl single turbo makes almost twice the HP of milty motors twin turbo v-6 crazy-high dollar / 7 year long build. Well, funny but not surprising......Guessing that the customer does not find it funny though

There are still good shops out there thankfully and even the best ones make mistakes.....but part of what makes them the best is that they own up to it and keep you informed too.....and actually send you what you paid for.

Last edited by dbral : 07-21-2023 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2023, 05:36 PM   #72
dbral
GX Member

https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/west-carro...llc-0322-14905

Just noticed yet another 1 star review from yet another satisfied customer today..........
Old 08-18-2023, 06:34 PM   #73
dbral
GX Member

LOL!!! milty motors sent me an invitation to review a part that I "currently" purchased so i will share my review

Part ordered 2018. Arrived 2021.

Sure, I'll review!! Been a customer here for 6 years now. Still waiting for thousands of dollars of parts ordered almost 6 years ago!! Just AWESOME!!!! This part arrived in 2021 at my current address with awful outgassing pits in the finish and damaged sealing surfaces but at least it was not painted on the internal engine side like another part. HOURS OF FUN removing some of that powdercoat..in the spots where it actually stuck that is. To make things even better, the company falsified one of my invoice details to appear that this part was shipped on 8/11/2023...so I have an opportunity to write this review!!! Do some searches on the web/n-body forums/BBB/youtube and find out what an awesome time you could have with your powdercoated part and your "friends" here at MMS!!! They even offered a used throttle body as a no cost upgrade to the new one I ordered back in 2017!!!! AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED!!! Y'all gonna love it here!!!! Oh, and don't forget to have a very good legal team draw up a contract before you buy anything from here!!! Just part of the fun like getting your father daughter project ruined!!!! GOOD TIMES HERE!! PITTED/DAMAGED/TIME TRAVELING/POWDERCOATED TIMING COVER FOR FOR THE WIN!!!

Actually, milty decided to falsify my invoice info a week ago for the parts sent here on 2021. Trying to hide the fact that they know my current address i assume? Who knows?? It really is this ridiculous folks. They will not correct my invoice either lol... Hope my awesome Timing cover review gets immortalized on the milt motor website...it is "pending review' lol

Still waiting on those parts......

Last edited by dbral : 08-18-2023 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:06 PM   #74
dbral
GX Member

LOL read back thru my "review" and have to admit what i did was childish, but improved my mood greatly, however i pretty much had enough at this point. i understand fully how others feel going through this.

Will post back if i get sent parts or take a trip up there. Maybe gonna pull a KMaffitGAGT (youtube lol) road trip with the GA and see what's up.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:58 PM   #75
dbral
GX Member

Yet another lawsuit for the same.... https://pro.mcohio.org/

My suspicions from the above post have been confirmed. The company claims they have no record of the parts shipped here in 2021. They are asking me for a tracking number so that they can "look into it". lol This same address is also listed in their website "customer info" section and has been confirmed over multiple emails and invoices but they still refuse to ship the parts, send pictures, or give any updates.

i am not a social media user however i will make an exception and edit/compose a youtube clip detailing my experiences with this company when all is said and done. Most likely i will only come back with pictures of the Air Force Museum...if i go up there at all. Is it even worth it at this point?
Old 10-07-2023, 09:58 PM   #76
dbral
GX Member

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=164702
Old 11-13-2023, 05:36 PM   #77
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
He was definitely slow, i liked his products though. I had a set of his headers. Very well made product.

He had my car for about 6 months to a year i dont recall. Definitely needs to just close shop at this point. All the angry customers and lawsuits aint worth it. Idk why he is still hanging on.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 11:36 PM   #78
dbral
GX Member

Quote:
He was definitely slow, i liked his products though. I had a set of his headers. Very well made product.

Quote:
; ""These headers are considered a custom order, as they are built to order rather than being a stocked item. All custom orders are non-refundable. We are currently working on completing our first batch of production headers (as opposed to the hand-made sets have been making up until now). We anticipate that we will finish this batch in spring 2022.
Wording in the website description circa 2021

Quote:
"These headers are considered a custom order, as they are built to order rather than being a stocked item. All custom orders are non-refundable. We are currently working on completing our first batch of production headers (as opposed to the hand-made sets have been making up until now). Expect longer than usual lead times, most likely into the multiple months (4-6+) until this process is complete.
Current wording in the website description

I had heard that the old style headers were well made from other customers too. The original fabricator must have been quite talented. The current fabricator, by his own admission, is the owner of the shop who "learned" to tig in 2020. Still do not know what kind of quality the current headers posses as i am still waiting for my now prototype headers basically 6 years later. Told me in 2018 that it would take 2 months and that they were being built to the old spec by the original guy too.

Quote:
He had my car for about 6 months to a year i dont recall. Definitely needs to just close shop at this point. All the angry customers and lawsuits aint worth it.

Custom performance parts take time and there are a lot of variables. Customers know this and are willing to be patient as long as there are valid reasons holding up the works. That requires good communications.....and actual valid reasons from the business's side of things lol. It also requires that the customer does not allow the company to have all of the balls in their court in the beginning so to speak. Being too trustworthy unfortunately leaves the customer open to be taken advantage of.... Just my .02 based on my experience with this "company" and for the record i'm only upset at myself lol Edit. Customers don't appreciate lies and deception though. A business should be mindful and respect/abide by their own policies. I can see where this could lead to some frustrated customers with hurt feelings for sure because what is a customer's recourse in a situation like this really? There is a way to protect yourself in the beginning for sure but my guess is that this "business" with all of it's pages of fine print, would not do a deal like that. Wottech will, and that speaks volumes to me. It should also speak volumes to any potential customers as well.

Happy you got your car back in a reasonable amount of time and that you got to enjoy it as well. As for the current crop of customers.... i just don't know. Dropped in for a visit last week and the place looks abandoned to me. But sometimes appearances can be deceiving i suppose

Quote:
Idk why he is still hanging on.
i have my suspicions..... Should be confirmed by Dec 1, at least in my case anyway

Last edited by dbral : 11-14-2023 at 02:11 AM.
Old 12-26-2023, 07:26 PM   #79
dbral
GX Member

Update; Some parts have arrived. Still waiting for more parts, about $1700 worth.

Status since Dec.1 on two packages shows "Shipping label created, USPS has not received item" lol. USPS suggested to contact seller. No response as of yet.
Old 12-26-2023, 08:09 PM   #80
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Was it USPS smart post?
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote