Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-14-2007, 02:23 AM   #401
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Damn dude you are making me sound like a broken record but seriously keep up the good work!
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:28 AM   #402
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Once again, all I can say is Holy Shit.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #403
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
fanfreakingtastic work my man. It looks awesome so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
Eh, that's what was in my car and I loved the strip club glow it gave off.

^^guess that look will go great with my signature. Bet Pawz can't wait.
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #404
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
I like how the subs look but imo I think you would do better with black blue or somthing with blue considering you are putting in all blue lights. I also dispize your idea of the rivits in the door, I think it looks pretty trashy, other then that, good job.

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #405
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Eh_nigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Eh_nigma
^^to each their own. I'm quite sure that some will like, and some will not like, the final outcome of this project. That's the beauty of it, being "custom", done how I would like it...

I find actually it's the ones that don't like so much the way things are going that prove to have the most influence on the project - in that things aren't changed to please them, but, whenever someone does say "Hey, Edge, your right out to fricken lunch here..." it is usually followed by "...I'd do this... and this... or this..." and that's where ideas come from as well. Not, like I said, to change it simply to please them, but, it does get the mind going and it might just present an idea that I haven't thought of, but actually would like. SO, to sum that up, thanks.

As for the red/black/silver look with blue lights... I didn't want to go with three colours. At night the car looks completely different (colour wise) than it would during the day. I didn't want everything to blend into just three colours (I know what you're thinking, "adding blue is only one more colour"), but like mentioned, the blue does really cause the red to come off much darker, and almost fade into the background, allowing the blue to highlight certain things.

Right now it's all up in my head, see, and as this project has moved along, I've found that sometimes things up in that noodle of mine don't turn out so good as a finished product, or it's noted along the way. So, flexibility is the name of the game.

The idea behind the blue lights is what's there right now. Yesterday I decided that I'd like a focused red light reflecting off the aluminium sill that will be mounted in the car. Perhaps some lights will be doubled with both colours, to add a bit of a switch up at the flip of a switch. Plain and simple, I keep updating this thread showing where I am at this very point. As anyone who's followed will see, many things either get thrown out, or get switched around along the way. All in development.

None the less, lunch is over, back to work. Thanks again.
-Why the hell not?
Eh_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #406
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Went in this morning to check out the fiberglassing I put on the dash yesterday... now it's a matter of simply specifically fiber glassing one more area (the joint between the center and under the area where the glove box is), and then a couple layers over the whole shabang, and then throw on the final good piece for the "raw fiberglass" look... all in all, the dash should be done (given my work schedule) by next week.

Due to glare as well - junk - I'm also going to put a padded black strip about an inch wide along the top of the drivers door (lined up with the window's edge).

What else... yes, ALL the electrical (minus the guages and instrument indicator lights) are done. Thank god. Kinda grew tired of fishing wire through that thing... all cleaned up and good to go, so the car itself is ready for the dash.

Before I put the floor console in though, I need to get the carpet done. Prior to that, the back needs to be done up at least to the point of where the wiring there is complete and blah-blah-blah... end of June.
-Why the hell not?
Old 05-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #407
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
ummmmmmmm, pics mark........PICS!! lol
Old 05-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #408
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

watch your temper Rob.
-Why the hell not?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #409
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
you know what might have been REALLY cool.... You ever thought about black lights???? I think it would have made the subs even cooler to look at during nighttime. But I also really like the blue!
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #410
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Backlights are only good for UV reactant stuff, like if he had a lot of white in his car and painted stuff with UV paint or something. OTherwise they're just a really dim purple.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #411
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
...annndd purple would be pretty queer....

(not a good idea on an army base!!! =-P)
Old 05-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #412
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
ehh... just an idea.... I thought it would be cool to have the "infinity" word glow or something.....

and I didn't mean the whole car. haha sorry... I just meant the subs.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:55 AM   #413
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
...annndd purple would be pretty queer....

(not a good idea on an army base!!! =-P)

or any military installation for that matter
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #414
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by strtrydr View Post
or any military installation for that matter

you could get away with purple if it were suns related
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #415
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

^^But I'm not.

Soooo, yes, finally got off work... going to take care of a few things, and later on tonight I'll be going right at the Dash...

Anywho, things are going good, one day at a time, as always...
-Why the hell not?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #416
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
on the subs, the blacklight leds probably could be pulled off. given that the subs are black, and the center is white, i'd probably glow... but not very much. I like the blue though.... gives a much cleaner look.
cherrington17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #417
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

The subs are a gunmetal colour, and the writing is a highly polished, raised plastic "metallic" reflictive yadda-yadda-yadda....

Managed to get it all done tonight... the initial sanding and final cuts in the dash. The filler is placed over the center section... why only the center some might ask - or not ask... well, I'll save that for the final blah-blah-blah...

...in short, the top part and the bottom part will be the raw fiberglass in a low gloss black. The bottom half will be the same thing, just more of a gloss to match the piece on the center section. The center will be the same gunmetal as on the top part of the door. Had to break it up like that, as I was looking at it, a few things came to mind -

1. No way would I be able to lay a single piece of FG to get the effect right,
2. It would give a bit more of a look instead of a single piece, single colour dash, and
3. Why the hell not?

So, with that, and the electrical finally done in the dash for the switches (all that's left is hooking up the wiring for the door popper on the pass side and the remote lock)... and the dash will be all together. At the rate things are going, and given the fact that this guy is happily working through May Long... I'm giving myself until Wednesday to have the dash and pass door finished up and good to go.

As for pictures Rob - filler isn't that exciting.
-Why the hell not?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 AM   #418
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh_nigma View Post
As for pictures Rob - filler isn't that exciting.

says you!!!! lol
Old 05-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #419
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Okay Rob, I'll tell you what... I'm going to go into the garage tonight, I'm going to sand down nice and smooth the stuff I did yesterday, and probably have to reapply in some spots... once it's all good and ready, I'll most definately send you a few pictures. How does that sound?

I was wondering, looking at the side of my car... 17x7 with 40 profile on the front 2 wheels... 18x7.5/8 with a 60 profile on the back... yes... thinking...
-Why the hell not?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #420
protocol7
GX Member

protocol7 is on a distinguished road
I don't like larger wheels in the back, it implies that the car is RWD, which, since it's not, is cheesy.