Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-25-2004, 02:52 PM   #1
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Crazytaxi37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crazytaxi37
The folks over at GAGT are running a group buy on Aftermarket Leather. I was wondering if any of us over here would like to do the same thing. Here is the information.

This is the company that they are going through

http://www.nwautoleather.com/

Here is some info on the company:

We are an aftermarket custom leather interiors manufacturer. Our leather is Top Grain, (not split) Monza-H Grain Mercedes leather, and comes with a three year or 60,000 mile warranty. We ship worldwide, and have done successful Group Buys with other forums such as NSXPrime.com and Newtiburon.com. We would like to note that 100% of the seating surfaces on our covers is leather. This is important because many companies offer "full leather interiors" which can be up to 70% vinyl!!!

Ok. Here goes.

If you are interested please post up. All that tx return money has gotta be burning a hole in your pockets.

Thanks
Crazytaxi37
Old 03-25-2004, 06:00 PM   #2
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
what colors?

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:25 PM   #3
2ndAlero

I read the thread on GrandAmGT.com and got some information. They sound and look like a good company.

Only problem is I'd like to see a sample of the leather to color match.

I DO (100%) want leather seats and have the money in hand and ready to do this. I have been working with AutoLeathers.com to get what I want, but would be more than willing to go with a group buy here as their leather content is much better and they are a OEM supplier as well.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:52 PM   #4
Naich
The Founder

the price includes both front and rear seats, headrests I presume... and what else? Can you get the stitching to stand out?

Old 03-26-2004, 12:23 AM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
so does that include the all the seats??

what about the stitching, any specs on size and amount of letter and color?
Old 03-26-2004, 12:50 AM   #6
nex

can u get just the back seat? and does this include the little pads or sides beside the seat?
Old 03-26-2004, 03:08 AM   #7
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Sorry guys, I spoke a little too soon on the pricing. Hopefully Kim will post up what she can do for us.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:22 AM   #8
quitlahok

this stuff always comes up when i have no money.. sheesh
Old 03-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #9
Homer

Hello Everyone
This is Kim from Northwest Autoleather here and I just thought I'd introduce myself and let you know that I am more than happy to help you out with any questions you may have. I have attached some pics to give you guys an idea of what we are capable of. This thread is here just to see how much interest there is for a group buy; we will not provide pricing until we know that there are enough interested members. We offer over embroidery, perforation, colored stitching, seat heaters, preferred suede, etc. If any of you would like more details, please post or email me directly.
Cheers
Kim
info@nwautoleather.com
Northwest Automotive Leather

Old 03-26-2004, 01:43 PM   #10
Naich
The Founder

Hello Kim.... I am the owner of this site, and I am interested in this. I have several questions.

I have factory leather seats, which are starting to wear out. My questions are:

1) Do you have maroon and light tan leather? Is your leather dyed by you, or do you buy it already colored? Is there a color chart?

2) For installation, do you strip the old stuff off the seats before your put these on, or do they go over the original seat material?

*topic pinned*

Old 03-26-2004, 01:43 PM   #11
dopey

could u ball park a figure for 2tone interior so people know have an idea what kinda money we are talkin about
Old 03-26-2004, 05:11 PM   #12
Homer

Niach: Our leather is imported from Europe, and is dyed there. it is Mercedes leather, and it's sister company produces BMW's leather. We are in the process of putting in a color chart on our website, but it is not there yet. Please let me know what colors you are interested in, and I will post pics. Our covers are replacement covers, and the originals must be removed and our's installed. Yes, we have a tan and maroon that may be what you are looking for. if we do not have a leather color you are interested in, we can order it, but this can sometimes be expensive, depending on the color. Please email me directly and I will sned you a pic taken of all the reds we have access to.
As far as pricing, we sell our Alero covers for $695US, and group buys tend to have a discount of up to $100 + we include things such as colored stitching, door panels, two tone, etc.
info@nwautoleather.com
My Webpage

Cheers
Kim
Old 03-26-2004, 05:43 PM   #13
2ndAlero

Ugh... lost my post somehow.

Kim: If I give you GM factory color names, can you tell me if you have a color that matches? My interior is Pewter, and my exterior is Ruby Red. I'd like seats which are two toned pewter (outside), red (inside). I also want two seat heaters. You can add me to a list if you are making on here like on GrandAMGT.com. I'm set, have the cash in hand and set aside as this was my spring project for this year.

Everyone else: You should read the thread on GrandAMGT.com... do a search for "group buy" and take a read.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:37 PM   #14
Homer

2ndAlero: We have access to all of the GM leathers, but you must understand that it is not the Mercedes leather, it is GM leather. The quality is not quite as good as the leather we use, but if you would like something to match your interior, we can get it. Is you interior Medium Pewter, Medium Dark Pewter, Medium Dark Pewter 2, or Very Dark Pewter?? Those are all the colors available for your vehicle. You can check out the links to the group buys we have done
here, here, and here
Cheers
Kim
Old 03-26-2004, 07:33 PM   #15
Naich
The Founder

Kim:
Yeah, I have Ruby Red as well... I'll post a picture of what the color is, so you can get a idea. I'd like something similar to Ruby Red on the outside and tan in the middle... probably with some embroidery of either Aleromod.com's logo or the Oldsmobile logo.

Old 03-26-2004, 07:39 PM   #16
dopey

thats an awsome price.

u can add me to the a list of buyers if ur gonna start one.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:54 PM   #17
99ALERO

so these are covers? I have cloth interior and a leather upgrade would be sweet for $700ish
Old 03-27-2004, 12:03 AM   #18
Naich
The Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by 99ALERO@Mar 26 2004, 07:54 PM
so these are covers? I have cloth interior and a leather upgrade would be sweet for $700ish
you strip off your old seat covers and use the new ones.... they don't go over the stock seats or anything. This is the only way to go for a good looking finish.

Old 03-27-2004, 12:27 AM   #19
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Of course you know I'm in......
Old 03-27-2004, 12:28 AM   #20
Naich
The Founder

I'm most likely in, as long as there is a color I like for the red and I can wait for my tax return