Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Crazytaxi37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crazytaxi37
Gauge cluster or possible BCM issues (Looking for help)

Hey everyone. Has any one ever had this problem before and know the fix to it. My dashboard gauge cluster freaks out every once in a while. Ok, like every 5 minutes or so. All the guages go dead while driving and certain dumby lights come on. The car runs perfectly but the gauges wig out. I even had the transmission indicator along with the low oil pres and the battery warning lights stay on even after the car is turned off. I'm really lost here guys and need your help. It may be the BCM or just a guage cluster gone nuts. The issue is only effecting the instrumentation part of the gauge cluster. Not the odometer or tripmeter. Right now my BRAKE and anti-lock lights are on constantly but both systems are functioning normally.

HELP!!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
bcm buddy

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Are you sure Sweet????

PS...I like your signature LMFAO
Old 03-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
im about 80% positive........ i work at a used car dealership now and we have had a number of different cars with "guage" problems and every time its been the BCM....

for whatever reason the BCM's arent usually that well protected and since the are located externally the pins can start to corrode and cause it then to malfunction.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
SweetNLow
GLS member

btw i talked to turkey the other day and he told me pretty much everything that was going on iwth your car. i was super suprised to say the least. but im sure there is a large after market for the 6..... he said thats the direction you were prolly heading now

Old 03-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #6
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Thanks Sweet.

If anyone else has seen this in their Alero please let me know.