Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
TaurineMike
GX Member

TaurineMike is on a distinguished road
B&M ShiftPlus on 4T45E

Hey guys, I was looking at the How-to Section on I noticed the B&M shift hit listed on there. Has anyone bought this and use it? If so do you like it? Perhaps post pictures as to were this is hooked up on your car!?! Sounds like a good cheap way to get an electronic shift kit for a automatic. Maybe someone would be ok with doing a how-to-install video? .

Also, I will try to find one that fits my 2000 alero for some reason I'm guessing it wont be easy.

-Mike

Mods in the making: 65mm Throttle body, B&M Shift Kit, Spyder3 hood scoop, HP Tuner??, Pacesetter Header, Magnaflow High Flow cat, and Catback Exhaust System

Unfortunately there is no misplacement for displacement.
TaurineMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
mfuller

I don't know if anyone has tried it on a V6 car, but it should work.
If you want, I think I have an Autotrans Interceptor (basically the same thing) that you can have if you want.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
TaurineMike
GX Member

Yeah I want to try to get a shift kit in my car without ripping it apart. I know a few of my friends who have it for their 4 cylinders and it works great. Haven't heard of Autotrans Interceptor. Would it work on my v6? Also if you have no need for it I would most defiantly like to try it, the only problem with these electronic shift kits is I pretty much hate spicing wires. You never know weather or not you have the right ones unless the manual makes it pretty damn obvious.

Mods in the making: 65mm Throttle body, B&M Shift Kit, Spyder3 hood scoop, HP Tuner??, Pacesetter Header, Magnaflow High Flow cat, and Catback Exhaust System

Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

04PONTIACGA is on a distinguished road
Autotrans interceptor is plug and play, no cutting or splicing.
04PONTIACGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
TaurineMike
GX Member

Sounds great, im guessing you just plug it in right underneath the steering column ?

Last edited by TaurineMike : 05-24-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #6
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
Nope it goes into the plug on the tranny I believe

2004 olds alero R.I.P 242,500
1995 f-150 5.0v8 5sp 143,xxx(redneck truck)
Now searching for a new Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
He no crazy, he WIALERO!!
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #7
TaurineMike
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIALERO View Post
Nope it goes into the plug on the tranny I believe

How the hell, lol?

Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #8
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

WIALERO is correct. It plugs into the trans, then the trans harness plug goes into the interceptor. You can adjust it too, unlike the B&M.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
TaurineMike
GX Member

Sounds good, I'll just have to figure out were exactly to plug it in at. I'll PM you about it mfuller

Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #10
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Yay 3 points!

Quote:
Old 05-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
The Shiftplus does get spliced into the tranny hardness.

I had it, V6 car, worked pretty good. It's long gone now because I'm using HPTuners

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
TaurineMike
GX Member

Yeah it seems like a slight alternative when your short on money and don't have a HPTuner. Hopefully it isn't too hard to find the tranny hardness.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

The harness is right in front, drivers side. It's a round plug, not sure how many pins, but you can't miss it.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
TaurineMike
GX Member

Sounds good, I PMed Mfuller in regards to getting the AutoTrans. I will let you guys know when/if I get it and what the performance difference is.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

I have one, just increases the line pressure/shift firmness.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #16
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
If you pass on that Interceptor Mike, I am very interested! I may also be asking someone to help me tune my car at ASS, so perhaps this is a moot point? lol
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #17
TaurineMike
GX Member

Yeah I sent mfuller a pm to see if I can get it. Haven't heard back yet but it has only been a day or two. Which of the two do you guys think would work better? I still would like to get the one from fuller.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

They're the basically the same. The b&m can be switched on from inside the car and has, iirc 3 settings, where as the interceptor has a wider range of adjustment, but must be done under the hood.

Really It's up to you.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 AM   #19
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurineMike View Post
Yeah I sent mfuller a pm to see if I can get it. Haven't heard back yet but it has only been a day or two. Which of the two do you guys think would work better? I still would like to get the one from fuller.

Hell once ya sell that nice camaro of yours then just buy both lol I seen ya added me on fb and seen that and it's nice ass hell

Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #20
TaurineMike
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIALERO View Post
Hell once ya sell that nice camaro of yours then just buy both lol I seen ya added me on fb and seen that and it's nice ass hell

Haha, its not my camaro unfortunately. I had run out of money couldn't afford it. Twas' sad.