Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 11-18-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
havik

Thread began: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:06 am

Quote:
Does anyone know abouth this ? thay say on gm's site that it can boost hp up to 190 and +40 lb/ft from a STOCK engine..... ?

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/gmgoodwrenchjs...ed.jsp#12498287

Quote:
yup. 40 hp 40 ft-lb.

Quote:
oh yea. but for cav and sunfire w/ 5-spd

Quote:
So... won't do on a 2.4 w/auto Alero... ? ... f....

Quote:
kit includes a reprogram by dealer. the only program they have is 2.4 cav or sunfire with 5-spd.

A auto S/C is Suppose to be out this year but no word from GM. There is a part number but it says it's on back order.

Quote:
Yeah the mythical GM supercharger has supposedly been available for the last couple of months. But dealers won't install them on aleros because there is no ECM reprogram available yet (possibly ever?)

Quote:
I hope they get the ECM thing figured out so i can get mine reflashed!!! if anyone know when or if they are getting it out please PM me!

Quote:
Don't hold your breath nguyen

Quote:
they're roostering everyone around. last week, in st. louis at the pontiac national convention, there was the candy apple red 4 door grand am with the performance parts supercharger on it and a 5 speed. i'm checkin on a connection with gm to see if it can/will be done.

Quote:
You can install it... it's just that... you're going to have to do your own fuel system bolstering.. like an fmu and some other jive to keep things happy... there's a guy w/ a 96-98 grand am that installed the supercharger on his car and didn't bother w/ the reprogram... and just did his own fuel system modifcations to keep things happy

Quote:
there is some with pre 99 cav and sunfires with the S/C. Everything works fine but have to buy a lot of stuff to get it to work.

Quote:
yeah i'm doing the FMU and Fuel Pump thing, but until you get as far as i am, you'll understand how primitive of a system it really is when compared to a computer that can take of everything for you!

again if anybody knows if when or will they ever let me know.

Final-Reality, I'm doing alright right now with the Fmu and pump, but i'm gonna keep on holding my breath til GM comes thru!

Tuesday or Wednesday i'll be making a ton of phone calls hopefully somebody will give me a straight answer!

Quote:
It's GM, the largest corporation in the world, they arent roostering you around, but none of them have any idea..

Quote:
rsm racing sells the a kit with everything you need

Quote:
RSM racing apparently cant program their kits worth a damn either, or so I've heard...

And I've heard on j-body.org of people running custom turbo setups with about the same amount of boost as from the supercharger and the same sized injectors and the ECU re-program worked well for them... so it's not as rigid as you might think, if you could get them to install it in an alero 5-speed it would probably work really well

Quote:
the dealership doesn't have to install the kit.. you can do it yourself with hand tools actually.. it's not that intense of an install...

come on it's only a bolt on kit... I bet there is more than one way around the reprogram than just the FMU anyway... and I'm almost on it...

Quote:
rsm kit isn't good?

Quote:
I will say that the GM kit is better than the RSM kit for the 2.4L... and a custom turbo setup done right is better than both.

Quote:
turbo or supercharger ?

Quote:
it depednds on what you want or am looking for. Turbo setups are able to produce more power because custom. S/C well the RSM is adjustable but both of the S/C are better for low end power.

Quote:
I wish someone would just get the damn RSM SC and post about it so we can all finally know how good it really is.

Quote:
go to gagt.com and contact pacman. he has the rsm 2.4 one

Quote:
so the s/c is better for accleration, and the turbo for top speed ?

Quote:
S/C just produces boost instantly and the turbo has to spool up.

Meaning with S/C you can launch faster and really smoke the tires.

But here is something to throw in.........with turbo and auto, you can also launch with boost.

Quote:
i have a auto which one would you go with?

Quote:
you know it is more of a personal preference.

depends on what you are planning on doing to the motor. How big do you plan on going or are you just wanting something to bolt on and go with that.

there are pros and cons to both.

I think i am going to have scrap my inital plans (sweet ) due to what else i am doing to the motor. I got some more info to gather.

Quote:
well i plan on doing alot. i guess i need to do more research. i'd like to do a tranny swap to 5 spd before i do anything else got any info? drop me a email or pm got to go

Quote:
GM just released calibrations and install poop for the n-body...

aka

GM supercharger is now available for the n-body... check out grandamgt.com boost section for the press release...

CON of supercharger.. runs off of accessories.
Con of turbocharger... takes time to spool, less noticeable if you play the number game and get a proper size for your app.
CON of supercharger... can't turn up the boost very easily, and risk going outside the compressors efficiency range
blah blah blah..

Quote:
now the big question.

if you buy it for an Alero and go to an Olds dealer will they have the program and will they reprogram it or do you have to goto a pontiac dealer and would they reprogram it???????????????

Quote:
thats a good ?

Quote:
i thought so too

Quote:
you will probably will have to go to a gm performance shop dealer.thats my guess
Old 11-05-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any more info on a part # for the gm supercharger or reflash?
Old 11-05-2004, 01:07 PM   #3
j-work

j-work is an unknown quantity at this point
12498287 2.4L Twin Cam Supercharger
j-work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:21 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Supercharger Kit PN 12498660

Calibration PN’s
N-body manual transmission 88961331
N-body auto transmission 88961332
Old 11-06-2004, 10:40 AM   #5
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awsome. Some times people just cant find what they are lookin for. Thanks for the help.