Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Question ????traction control system????

I have made an interesting discovery... I think. I have an 03 2.2 gl1 it does not have the traction control system, does have abs front brakes (standard right?) and will putting on disk brakes in the rear next week and plugging in the abs sensor to those as well. (the only reason I mention this is because I dont know if it makes a difference of not) I had my shifter area cover off earlier running a new power wire to my toggle switch where the trac control button would normally be... but while i was in there i noticed a plug, not plugged into anything, I called my buddy over who has on 02 gl2 3400. and popped his cover off, the plug that was chillin in my car is the same one that plugs into the trac control on off switch! ???????? O.O so.. what the hell!!!!!!!!!!! if i get a switch and plug it in will I have the traction control system or is that just a standard deal they did for all aleros and just didnt put the extra stuff in ones that weren't going to have it? im really confused by this... help please.

Last edited by Papa Rad17 : 07-29-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: grammar mistake ina few spots, sorry
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
You either have 4 wheel abs or no abs. The traction control is included with the ABS.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
id say you have it. plug a switch into and see hwat happens.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
Yeh I thought it was standard? My 99 GL had the trac switch and abs. Do what he ^^ said and see...
Old 07-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
Yeh I thought it was standard? My 99 GL had the trac switch and abs. Do what he ^^ said and see...

I believe in the later years it was no longer standard. It was optional. i know for sure my girlfriend's 04 Alero doesnt have ABS or ETS. Its funny because on her shifter bezel you can clearly see the outline where th ETS buttom should be.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
brheller
GX Member

brheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond repute
03 here, base model, no abs or trac. It was an option on the later years.
brheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Im going to borrow his switch sometime and see what happens, if it works I'll just grab one from the junk yard... I'm guessing that would be a pricy part new. Do I need to go ahead and get the rear brake conversion done before I plug in the eta switch?... And I'm pretty sure I have the abs system, it said so on the brake pedal...
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote