Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
every fill up?

gas shoots out everytime i fill up. i dont over fill i let the pump stop on its own and thats it. as soon as it stops gas comes flying out. car never did that until recently maybe 2 months ago it started. if i dont fill it then it doesnt do it but if i fill it boom everytime? wtf is that about?
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
are you just pumping until the pump stops.... or until its right up to the neck of the tank?

there needs to be some air in there, so if your filling it too full, then yes, gas will erupt out. Its not good to have it that full. fill until the pump stops you the first time, THEN STOP.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Odd... Theres a screen in there somewhere. Maybe something got in there? Like a gas additive plastic seal.?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
irondiezl3
GLS member

i ust pump it and it stops on its own...i dont force it to pump more it over flows before it even stops on its own the first time...and if that was in there how would you get it out...if i am pumping it right and it keeps overflowing then obviously something is wrong right?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Yes somethings wrong.

Time for a mechanic
Old 03-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I fill mine up until gas is at the cap and I've never had an issue (knock on wood) with gas flying out.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
does this happen at the same pump or different pumps? if its the same pump, it could be a problem with their equipment, and it not shutting off at the right time, but if it is various pumps, then there is something wrong with it on your end... get it checked...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
You'd have to be pretty stupid to use the same pump over and over again and think something is wrong with the car!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #9
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
try another gas station before you see a mechanic about this. if it doesn't happen at the other gas station, go back to the problematic station and tell the manager 9or owner, whatever) that he's got faulty equipment. (if you want to be a nice guy and save him tons of money on potential lawsuits...if it happens to everybody, it could be dangerous)
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
irondiezl3
GLS member

ill try few other gas stations. usually i go to same one right next to my house but i think it has happened at another one to. so ill check that out first. and if still does i just wont fill it all the way till i get it checked out. i never though of the additive one ryan i do use mmo once in a blue moon you never know that coulda happened. thanks for all the input!!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Yup you never know. Maybe someone put something down the hole also...

But try a different pump/station first... lol
Old 03-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #12
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
ill try few other gas stations. usually i go to same one right next to my house but i think it has happened at another one to. so ill check that out first. and if still does i just wont fill it all the way till i get it checked out. i never though of the additive one ryan i do use mmo once in a blue moon you never know that coulda happened. thanks for all the input!!!!
You may go to the same gas station but I'm sure you don't use the same number pump everytime you go. If you have used them in the past and have not haved this happened then its safe to say that its not the gas station and more so something with the car. In any event it needs to be checked out. Just don't something crazy like stick a close hanger down it to see if it is blocked.......I know people that would do that!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
I actually do use the same gas station and the same pump number every single time I get gas. The only deviation is when I'm out of town. I did run into one of those pumps at another station that cut off the metal thing that will allow you to let the pump run so you don't have to hold the handle the whole time. I shoved my gas cap down underneath there cause I'm lazy...big mistake. The pump didn't cut off and gas came shooting everywhere. Turns out, there was a problem with the pump and the gas station manager actually gave me a refund for some of the gas that came shooting out...of course gas was $5.09 here at the time, so of course I was going to create a stink when $5 just ends up on the ground.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #14
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Yup you never know. Maybe someone put something down the hole also...

But try a different pump/station first... lol

I agree. You may no0t know it but someone put something in your hole

Try another station and if it does it again, bitch em out like doubleNO

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote