Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-21-2004, 09:01 AM   #1
1WhiteOSV

I have been looking at new rotors on tirerack.com and have noticed the EBC and the Powerslot II rotors that are slotted and "dimpled". These dimples arent actually drilled THROUGH the rotor..they are just, well.."dimples". They say that they reduce the chance of cracking like the crossdrilled are prone to. A set of the EBC's run $215 for the front 2 and the Powerslot II run about $222 a pair (front). Also I was just looking at a set of the Brembo OEM replacement rotors for $47/piece (front). They are just OEM rotors BUT they're brembo so I dont think they'd have the problems with warping like the factory Alero rotors do (yes i know they wont really help the brake performance). I am kind of leaning towards the Brembo's because I really don't want to spend $200+ on just a pair of rotors and I really just want to replace mine cuz they're warped to hell. If anyone has some feedback..let me know!! Thanks!

-Adam-
Old 04-21-2004, 09:26 AM   #2
mlcroy20

I've had Brembo rotors on my front for the past year and a half and have had no problems... no warping just had them machined for the first time last month! My rear rotors are still stock!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:39 AM   #3
Grouch

Ditto on the Brembo's. I've also had mine on the fronts for about a year and a half with no problems.

I'm pretty certain the EBC's and PowerSlots are also quality rotors and shouldn't warp either.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:21 PM   #4
flalero

What about the RSM rotors? Anyone heard anything about them?
Old 04-21-2004, 04:28 PM   #5
1WhiteOSV

For those who have had the Brembo's...do you just have the OEM replacement ones?..no slot or crossdrill on them..just factory looking ones? (the $47/piece ones)

-adam-
Old 04-21-2004, 04:39 PM   #6
mlcroy20

^ Yeah.. just the OEM (factory ones)... I think I paid $40 a piece on sale!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:12 PM   #7
3.4Alero

Yes, many people on this site have gone with the Brembo OEM replacements and I've heard no complaints. I personally got the Bendix ones from AdvanceAuto for about the same price. They are fine too. No warping after a full season of auto-x and road races.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:43 PM   #8
1WhiteOSV

Thank's guys! I appreciate all the info/input!

-adam-