Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #1
OpalaAlero

I tried to put my new rims on yesterday, and they're not fitting. The problem is, is that they should. They're 5x115 AT Italia Inox. The same ones Derek_ski has. These ones came off of a 99 GA GT. They worked fine on his. Now the problem is is that the rim isn't sitting flat up against the rotor. Like there is a small gap between the rim and the rotor. We ordered spacers and are going to try those, and i'm praying to god it works because I spent so much damn money on these things. Now I just need any advice you guys might have as to what may be wrong, or what I can do to make these flippin things fit.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #2
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
The center bore on the rim may be smaller than the the hub bore. I'm not sure but that's the only thing that I can think of that would cause the rim not to sit flush on the hub.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #3
OpalaAlero

I think thats the problem. Anything to do to fix that?

And they came off a 99 GA GT which has the same hub sizes, so why would it not fit?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #4
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure why they wouldn't work. Ask the guy with the GA that you got them from what he did to fit them. Also check and make sure that there isn't a hubcentric ring stuck on the inside of the rim.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #5
OpalaAlero

He said he had rings on the front. I'm pretty sure the rings aren't on the inside of the rim though...wouldn't that be noticeable?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:58 AM   #6
justinusaf
GL Member

justinusaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to justinusaf
They are really thin plastic rings. Most likely you would notice them but maybe not.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
OpalaAlero

Yeah i'm pretty sure they're not there.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
any chance that one of you has disk brakes and the other drums? I've noticed I have drums in the rear of mine and disks up front, while other pics I've seen have 4-wheel disk setup.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #9
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Are any hub rings stuck inside the rims? Nice choice of wheels btw.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #10
OpalaAlero

I called my dad and left a message for him to check to see if rings are stuck on the inside. I hope thats the case but I tink we would of noticed it.

And yeah, the rims were are my car, but were just held on by the lugs I guess. Rattled like hell and definately not safe, but it looked so gorgeous. They're my dream rims and were my christmas/ 18th birthday present and i'm gunna be devastated if they don't fit.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:31 PM   #11
OpalaAlero

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack@Mar 23 2005, 03:44 PM
any chance that one of you has disk brakes and the other drums?Â;-) I've noticed I have drums in the rear of mine and disks up front, while other pics I've seen have 4-wheel disk setup.

I don't get what you mean...that would throw off the rim not fitting? I know I have 4-wheel disc setup.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:56 PM   #12
CocoaAlero

Are the factory retaining clips for the rotors still on? I doubt it since you have a '99
If they are there, they won't let an aftermarket wheel sit flush on the hub.
They get removed during a brake job and normaly dont' get replaced.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:58 PM   #13
OpalaAlero

So how does that get fixed? Can you get those and put em back on?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:21 PM   #14
CocoaAlero

No, you don't need them. They are there from the factory to hold the rotors on while the car goes down the line. The wheels hold them on(the rotors).
I was wondering if yours may still be on, but I'm sure your brakes have been done before and probably been removed. The factory wheels have small recesses
around the wheels stud holes for the clips to fit. Aftermarket wheels don't, that's why if the clips where there they wouldn't let the wheel fit flush on the hub.
I've seen wheels get smashed onto them before.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:35 PM   #15
OpalaAlero

Well I asked my dad and they are on the back. But the wheels wouldn't fit on the front either.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:39 PM   #16
CocoaAlero

Remove the rear clips. I wish I could take a look at this. I curious as hell to know what is wrong!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:42 PM   #17
OpalaAlero

But they don't fit on the front either.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #18
CocoaAlero

The only other thing I can think of is if your hubs are bigger than the hub openings on the inside of the wheels. I don't see why they wouldn't work though since the came off of a ga. Try to measure the hub and the hole on the wheel. Can you bring your car to a wheel shop and have them put it on a lift and see what they think?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:44 PM   #19
Oldsmopimp

CooCoo sounds lke he may be right...... I dont see any other reason why they wouldnt fit. Good luck dood, nice choice in rimz, hopefully they chrome. Ur car will look bangen as f***!
Old 03-24-2005, 10:47 AM   #20
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
Is there a buildup of rust on your rotor hat and on/around the hub? It may need to be sanded clean.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote