Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 11-20-2004, 02:32 AM   #1
wy3134

I happened to be searching, found a turbo kit on ebay for $1500 for the ecotec, that was used on a cavy, now my question is, would all the piping be compatible on the alero from the cavy or would all the stuff outside the turbo have to be custom done? Also the kit seems to be a pretty low end one as I dont see a lot of additional parts to it....looks nice but at the same time something doesnt seem right....
Old 11-20-2004, 03:40 AM   #2
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
i wouldnt trust ebay on things that cost alot of money, because they could just jibb you a part that they didnt mention. but yeah the ecotec in the alero is the same in the cavy. just probably a few minor things but nothing really big
Old 11-20-2004, 04:39 AM   #3
Super White Alero

Turbo cost abit of change dood, and second all turbos I seem on ebay are basically a fan bult into the intake pipe, not a real turbo. Second look carefully at the pic. There should be a oil filter, a air filter, an adapter for your manifold, and a about 6 wires, a regulator. So far I found only 7 true turbo on ebay and they went as high as 7K. Of course there were for Chevy small block
Old 11-20-2004, 11:36 AM   #4
wy3134

its legit, i found the guy whom this seller purchased it from, it was on a 2003 cavy, i emailed that guy last night but no response back yet....we shall see what his response is, and when that guy sold it, it seemed to be a custom setup so that can explain why it went cheaper than a lot (he sold it for $2000 to this guy who is selling it now)
Old 11-20-2004, 11:06 PM   #5
bigd6983

yea i saw that kit on ebay......looks good but like was said it doesnt look all there for some reason, like there should be more parts.....
Old 11-21-2004, 12:31 AM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Just be careful about buying it

Do you have a link so we can all see it? :unsure:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:01 PM   #7
havik

Not sure which one it is (if it is these ones but here's what "ecotec turbo" came up with)

ebay auctions