Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
headlight issue

well my drivers side headlight I can no longer adjust and a junk yard wants $70 for one used one and $130 for a new one. I was wondering is there someway to still adjust the light even tho the top parts aren't working anymore to adjust it?
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
mine dont work on either headlight. it like rusted out and they just twist on the little rod they are hooked on too. what i did was take out the headlight, remove all the adjusters. but then i pulled it into the street and used a pair of pliers to adjust the beam. then i put hot glue in the hole on the pieces that slide on those little rods. and then put a big glob of hot glue all the way around it so it wouldnt move. i did that about 6 months ago and nothing has gone wrong yet. it does save money... worth a shot.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Would use something stronger/ not heat sensitive! Know where I live hot glue would last like a day in the summer! I'll look for headlights next time I goto the yard know cheery needs one to think it's like 26 bucks with core charge. Then whatever for shipping and paypal fees
Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
robalero
GLS member

ive got people looking locally too lol, so what exactly did you do? take all the stuff out and manually adjust them?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
Amun Ra
GX Member

Amun Ra is on a distinguished road
I need both headlights too, I'm in Chicago. I can't adjust them and I think I'm blinding people with the HID's.....
Amun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
robalero
GLS member

well I managed to adjust mine tonight, I took apart the plastic adjusters and took my pliers and then just twisted and rusty stripped metal bar and away we go their high now but I like them that way I went out to a completly dark road were there is nothing and no lights ( like driving on our highways around here ) and I can see better then if I had my highs on. only person to flash me was a 18 wheeler all the cars didn't do anything but I may lower them a bit they are pointed quite high