Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 05-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
prolificniagara

What's going on guys. Alright, check this, I have a 01 Alero sedan, with fabric seats. Now, I'd like to replace the seats with factory leather seats from an 03 Alero coupe.

Is this doable?

All I can picture is that the front seats fold down forward as an added bonus as compared to regular ones.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
what you could do is pull the leather covers off the one set and then put them on yours. should work either way.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
prolificniagara

Seems like quite the task... removing and replacing covers. I figured it would be easier to just have the seat in and out. Hoping there would be no complications there.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
prolificniagara

Hey guys, just got off the phone with another auto-parts place that sells the leather seats. Howver, looks like I'm only having luck with seats for 2 doors instead of 4.

Although one of them mentioned that they're all the same except for the look of the back seat, another location said that the tracks are different. Any expert here that has more info on this?

I have a 2001 GX Sedan. The 2 vehicles that other seats are coming from are 2003 Coupes.

Also, if tracks are different, can I replace the ones in my vehicle to accomodate those seats?
Old 05-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
you should be able to just switch up the tracks on the seats and call it a day..i cant see gm making 2 different seats just to accomodate different tracks
Old 05-27-2006, 01:18 AM   #6
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
the tracks are probably only different in that the passenger seat slides forward when you fold it in a coupe. And yes, the tracks can be independently changed, the dealer did it on mine under warranty. That is providing you get the same style track. If i remember right there are 4 different drivers side tracks (full power, partial power, manual w/height adjuster, manual w/o height adjuster) Though the passenger one is probably only the different one.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #7
Coldfire
GL Member

Coldfire is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure you'd have to change the tracks at all...I went the opposite direction on my old alero, I pulled the leather seats out of a 4 door and put them in my coupe and just bolted them right in...the only issue for me was getting them to fold foreward (which my dad actually figured out for me )
So as far as putting coupe seats in a sedan...I would think you could just stick them right in
Coldfire is offline   Reply With Quote