Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-15-2004, 09:29 AM   #21
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Nov 15 2004, 12:19 AM
no point in gutting the resonator, just replace it with pipe.
exactly!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:35 AM   #22
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
yeah, let the carbon build up a little, and it will get quieter. I have the slp and IMO is a great setup...

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:05 AM   #23
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i personally don't like the slp sound, too raspy, so i just used the slp pipes, cuz their mandrel bent pipes are very high quality, i just didn't use the rest of their system......
Old 11-15-2004, 02:20 PM   #24
1WhiteOSV

I've had the system on for over a week now and about 700miles worth of driving on it......the whistle is still there and not changed...the tone has definitly gotten deeper, but thats it. I called SLP 2day and they told me to get a hold of PFYC.com cuz thas where I bought it from...I am pissed that PFYC doesn't have a phone #..i HATE emails!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #25
mlcroy20

I had a local performance shop do my setup.. mandrel bent 2.5" all the way with a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler.. had it on for quite a long time now, and I've always loved the sound! The SLP is nice, I've heard it on my friends Grand Am, but I honestly think my setup sounds deeper than his... B)
Old 11-15-2004, 10:51 PM   #26
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by 99Alero_Boy@Nov 15 2004, 12:05 PM
i personally don't like the slp sound, too raspy, so i just used the slp pipes, cuz their mandrel bent pipes are very high quality, i just didn't use the rest of their system......
are flowmaster mufflers better than SLP's mufflers?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:32 PM   #27
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Alero-+Nov 15 2004, 09:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alero- @ Nov 15 2004, 09:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-99Alero_Boy@Nov 15 2004, 12:05 PM
are flowmaster mufflers better than SLP's mufflers? [/b][/quote]
IMO no...that is if you are actually lookin for a muffler....mine is more of just a resonator, so basically i have no muffler.....
Old 11-16-2004, 02:15 PM   #28
1WhiteOSV

my flowmaster 80series setup was WAY raspier (a lot of crackling and popping when I reved it up) compared to my SLP now...(deep, low grumble)
Old 12-01-2004, 10:11 PM   #29
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
im guessing you have to buy the grand am- slp system and it fits right on?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:29 AM   #30
tenny

i had duals on my old cavalier and it made that whistling sound at or above 3500rpm it turned out to be the tips, i changed the tips and it went away. Can you take the tips off on yours? or is it all one piece? if its just clamps or something then i'd try taking the tips right off and see if it goes away/
Old 12-02-2004, 11:31 AM   #31
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
if he has the slp setup like mine he has tips, but I cant see the tips makin that noise for us.....

mine dont anyway
Old 12-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #32
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverBullet256@Dec 1 2004, 09:11 PM
im guessing you have to buy the grand am- slp system and it fits right on?
correct.......order away.....
Old 12-02-2004, 09:43 PM   #33
SilverBullet256

woot, thats the next thing im gonna get, besides a good full cai setup, then after that the S&S headers, and then the DHp PCM, then i will be more than willing to kick the crap out of all these roostery jerks in my town who say my car is slow cause its a "family car" and "it tops out at 108, so theirs is faster"..... they piss me off issed:
Old 12-03-2004, 04:54 PM   #34
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverBullet256@Dec 2 2004, 08:43 PM
woot, thats the next thing im gonna get, besides a good full cai setup, then after that the S&S headers, and then the DHp PCM, then i will be more than willing to kick the crap out of all these roostery jerks in my town who say my car is slow cause its a "family car" and "it tops out at 108, so theirs is faster"..... they piss me off issed:
just make sure you call them out on a track.....

Quote:
Aleromod.com does not condone or encourage street racing. Illegal street races are dangerous to yourselves and all the innocent bystanders you come in contact with. We have seen that posting street race stories leads to unnecessary debating and flame wars.

From now on, please use this section only to post real track stories and/or dragstrip timeslips. All types of automotive track racing are encouraged by this site, and feel free to post about it.

Also, please don’t post hypothetical races… such as “Can I beat a Corvette?” Such questions spark debates and can not be answered with any degree of accuracy.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:22 PM   #35
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Who needs a track the interstate works just as well.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:26 PM   #36
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by VTOLDS@Dec 3 2004, 04:22 PM
Who needs a track the interstate works just as well.
obviously you didn't read the post above

Quote:
Aleromod.com does not condone or encourage street racing. Illegal street races are dangerous to yourselves and all the innocent bystanders you come in contact with. We have seen that posting street race stories leads to unnecessary debating and flame wars.

From now on, please use this section only to post real track stories and/or dragstrip timeslips. All types of automotive track racing are encouraged by this site, and feel free to post about it.

Also, please don’t post hypothetical races… such as “Can I beat a Corvette?” Such questions spark debates and can not be answered with any degree of accuracy.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:22 PM   #37
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
Quote:
Originally posted by 99Alero_Boy@Dec 3 2004, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Aleromod.com does not condone or encourage street racing.;-) Illegal street races are dangerous to yourselves and all the innocent bystanders you come in contact with.;-) We have seen that posting street race stories leads to unnecessary debating and flame wars.

From now on, please use this section only to post real track stories and/or dragstrip timeslips.;-) All types of automotive track racing are encouraged by this site, and feel free to post about it.

Also, please don’t post hypothetical races… such as “Can I beat a Corvette?”;-) Such questions spark debates and can not be answered with any degree of accuracy.
:thumbsup:
Old 12-03-2004, 09:23 PM   #38
SilverBullet256

well what i was shooting for was to basically just call them out and have the stuff to back me up, and they will just run away :thumbsup:
Old 12-03-2004, 09:25 PM   #39
kwhauck
2Screwy

that's cool too, although i personally enjoy the satisfactin of beating people in a race at the track more than them backing down to a race..
Old 12-03-2004, 09:35 PM   #40
SilverBullet256

yeah but the prioblem is the track closest to here is about and hour drive away in Joliet... so im out of luck on a track <_<