Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-25-2006, 05:11 PM   #21
firstson
GX Member

firstson is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet you always have to be so negative. He was only saying that a CAI is effective at higher speeds, he didn't say anythign about a Ram Air Intake. Sorry if i come across as rude but i tend to be critical
firstson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #22
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
of course i dont have proof of anyone here sucking up water. like i said, my buddys g/fs civic sucked up water and the engine is toast, how do i know ? simple i watched it b/c it was RIGHT OUT SIDE OF MY DAMN WINDOW.

but then again since i dont have proof, it dont mean poop now does it? all im saying is, ive seen it happen and it DOES happen. just b/c it hasent done it to you does not mean it cant happen.
Satsuriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #23
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
first off im not being negative so get your panties out of a bunch.

ryanthefizz obvioulsy doenst understand the concept of a cai judging from his post.

second......... satsuriku.... this is an alero website correct? u wanted to know if this has happened to anyone with an alero correct? I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION..... it hasnt happened to anyone with and alero and a cai. sweet your buddy's civic sucked up water awsome!! if uve seen a cai suck up water then dont put one in your car i dont care. I ANWSERED YOUR QUESTION FOR AN ALERO NOT A CIVIC.

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:19 PM   #24
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
the fender liner definately covers up the filter for a CAI. no worries about water. and, if you are that worried, go get a AEM bypass. it's a good piece of insurance.

yes it can happen (i have a friend with a focus that hydrolocked), but, people are too worried about it with our cars. just don't drive in flood water that COVERS the filter.

and besides, most filters should be oiled to repel water.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #25
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
agreed with 2fst and brent

ive had my cai for over 2 years now with zero problems knock on wood with the exception of some sand buildup (due to a crappy liner and not cleaning it for about a year
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:28 AM   #26
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
brent ur a moron, just because it hasnt happened to you, doesnt mean it cant happen. happened to me, it didnt hydro lock, it just ran really poopty. limped it home and took the CAI apart and dumped water out of the corrogated piece. very hard rain hit a few small puddles(inch or 2 deep).
Old 04-26-2006, 12:36 AM   #27
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
well your the only one its ever happened to then on here with and alero.

by the way people....... joel is king of all exagerators!

Old 04-26-2006, 12:41 AM   #28
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally posted by SweetNLow@Apr 25 2006, 11:36 PM

oh yep, sure am. he would know cause he was there! :rolleyes:

brent's just upset that i spoiled his "fun" argument.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:19 AM   #29
SweetNLow
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme+Apr 26 2006, 12:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sound_xtreme @ Apr 26 2006, 12:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SweetNLow@Apr 25 2006, 11:36 PM

oh yep, sure am. he would know cause he was there! :rolleyes:

brent's just upset that i spoiled his "fun" argument.
[/b][/quote]

thats it lets fight

Old 04-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #30
ryanthefizz
GL Member

ryanthefizz is an unknown quantity at this point
lol i am talking form experience. i have naich's cai in right now. and im just saying it doesnt draw fresh air in much with foglights in the way. it sitll works just fine down there but it could be better. that is why people take out their headlight at the track, to get more air in there. as for rain i have driven through intense poop and never had a problem but that is where the maitenence comes in. they do rust and grime up so being in the fender well its hard to get at to clean in comparison to wai.

oh and for rain... i think the major thing is avoid large puddles.
ryanthefizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #31
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
no, if you answered my question you would have responded by saying "it doesnt happen TO ALEROS" you just said "it doesnt happen". ANYTHING can and does happen. we dont have EVERY alero owner on this site, just b/c not 1 person here has said anything doesnt mean it hasent happen to them. im not worried about water b/c i wont be getting a CAI, ill be sticknig to a WAI b/c the winters here can get brutal as hell.

i already stated my point and im sticking to it. :rolleyes:
Satsuriku is offline   Reply With Quote