Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:41 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "mfuller"
Store/Site purchased: RSM Racing
Cost/Shipping: $149.99US after core refund; about $15US to ship
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Very good company to work with.
Initial product impressions, quality: Very well packaged (wrapped in newspaper) in a strong cardboard box.
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: None included, but installation is pretty self-explanatory.
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Probably easy, but I'm lazy. See below.
If not self installed, cost of installation: $35US for installation.
Performance, appearance opinions: Noticeably stiffer than stock. Powertrain is held very rigidly, but there is quite a bit more vibration at idle. Much more solid construction than the stock rubber insert.
Any other thoughts about the product: Recommended for high-power or high-stress applications, or as an upgrade when the stock rubber insert starts to tear.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #2
jeremythebear
GX Member

jeremythebear is an unknown quantity at this point
When I first installed the mount I found that it tightened up the front end. It seemed to stiffen it up a bit more in a good way. The vibration caused by the mount was annoying. I was hoping the mount would wear a bit just to make it not as stiff but to no avail (20000km didn't wear it in). Then just before I was intending on swapping it back to the stock mount, I changed my tires from the original goodyear to some kumho. The vibration was considerably reduced and now the mount will stay as I honestly did not want to give it up. This is a good and relatively cheap performance upgrade but if you are not into vibration get some good rubber on first or soon after.
jeremythebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:52 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Does this really help out a lot?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 11:18 PM   #4
sc/alero

springs and i made ours for $15.00 and it really does help out but as sated above if you don't like vibrations this is not for you.