Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #61
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
definitly should have lowered it before the kit, it just doesnt look right stock hieght with a body kit, but to each is to own.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #62
CBLOHM3400
Trying To Help

CBLOHM3400 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to CBLOHM3400
yea michigan roads suck on lowered cars
Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #63
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
all roads suck on lowered kitted cars that y u lear to drive
Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #64
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
... yeah.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #65
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
I don't see any that cheap... I plan on getting Eibach when I do get springs, don't want too low, I live in Michigan

TRUE..."You should paint your bumper support black." (rowdygls)

AND

Needs a drop with some rims....

But hey your getting there and its starting to look good.

Oh and something completely off subject Im sending a money order to Michigan for a Quad 4 emblem...just like on my sig.
Didnt think it was too serious to start a whole new thread on that

But hey when was the last time YOU modded your Alero?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #66
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Looked at it again today.. Paint doesn't match the body color... for some reason it's lighter than the original paint? Shouldn't it be the other way around, if anything, since the car is 8 years old? It was the correct color code. Looks like I'll need to have it hit with another coat and blended with the rest of the car.. damn painter. Maybe he didn't prep it right since it was silver before, maybe that's what's causing it to be lighter.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #67
pimpalero2003
GLS member

give it a bit
Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #68
[ion] C2
636 whp

maybe it takes time to cure or will look different once waxed lol
Old 02-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #69
pimpalero2003
GLS member

just take a dump on it and rub it in. thats the best way to darken it son.
hahha
Old 02-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #70
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
I had the same issue with my car when it was silver. Now granted mine was new glass and was never painted, but I was told it might do this due to a static charge making the particles lay funny (glass being plastic compared to the metal body) All was better when the car was completely repainted though.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #71
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
springs

make this guy an offer worth a shot

I got mine for $12 plus shipping and I beat the guy up for the shipping and paid $42 shipped. I still have them in the box I want to put them on next week just depends how the shoulder feels.

Pimp bag your car already and sell this man your springs

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #72
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
looks good so far, great work on the fitting of the rear looks nice, wont it look lower when you put the side skirts on... I give you props for working on your car in the winter in michigan. Im in ohio I cant even muster up the motivation to vaccum the alero right now..
SittinOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #73
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah the weather is terrible here. It was ice-raining, some small hail, and snowing with heavy winds when I was out there removing and installing the rear bumper. My pants were soaked from the snow/ice on the ground. I get to do the side skirts and the front today after work (5PM on) until it's finished.

People ask why I did it now in the winter weather. Well, I'm going to drive it all year round like this anyway, and I'm very impatient. Lol.

I should take a picture for you lower suspension wanters of the driveway in and out to my school dorm, and the entire road. It's about a 40 degree incline, and the road is FILLED with potholes, tons that are practically unavoidable if you want to stay in your lane the entire time. And here in MI, with 8" of snow and ice every winter, it's not good to be lowered and have your bumpers ripped off.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 02-07-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #74
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
dude yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its the bomb diggity

Last edited by paulyb : 02-07-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #75
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yes, because I definitely don't know how to drive. How many people need to tell this to me?

I will take pictures just for you, or invite you to come up here and take the left turn across the 4 lane road safely into oncoming traffic as you hit it at an angle, being sure not to clip the person sitting right at the end of the driveway waiting to turn, you professional driver, you.

Of course I avoid potholes, however once you see pictures of this road it's either "drive over a pothole" or "drive into the side of the car next to you." Take your pick.

I know how to effing drive. But I'm intelligent enough to know that my car being 2-3" lower will increase the probability that my kit will be damaged greatly. Ignorant...

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 02-07-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #76
shiny alero
GL Member

shiny alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shiny alero
^^ i understand i hit a pothole last summer, i coudlnt avoid it....the best thing is, its fiberglass, no matter how bad u F it up you can rebuild it. mine is stock hight too. but alot of people on here thjink its lowerd becuase how it looks in some pics. trust me...dont lower it for atleast 6 months so your used to it.
shiny alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #77
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
Pimp bag your car already and sell this man your springs
he doesnt have the money to do that lol its over his $50 modding budget

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #78
shiny alero
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
he doesnt have the money to do that lol its over his $50 modding budget

come on guys. atleast he is trying. dont bash on him becuase he has a budget.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #79
shiny alero
GL Member

NVM read it wrong
Old 02-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #80
paulyb
GLS member

you have best car ever.

Last edited by paulyb : 02-07-2008 at 01:36 PM.