Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Train horn setup is NOT killing my car

Duh!! I took the car to the mech again today, he and I together worked on it, which I loved.

He said to pull the alternator and a guy was going to come up and rebuild it. The guy couldn't get the part, a rebuilt one from his supplier was going to be $170 his cost. Autozone is $101 after a core charge.

OK so I pull the alternator off the car in like 10 mintues, he give me the keys to the Delta and says you minus well go home because this guy probably won't be here for a while. I ask if he fixed the Delta and he said no. I drive it 1/2 mile and it breaks down. 1/4 mile up 1/4 mile back to the shop.

So now I'm stuck. He says, "Let's just throw the old alternator back on and you can get on at Autozone and we'll swap it tomorrow. We do just that, and again I have trouble getting that damn bolt with the nut on the battery (stock termirnal stripped a while back). He tries to tighten is and then just puts a new termnal on.

Car starts right up, Idles great, no bouncing needles, the headlight don't turn off for a split second when I hit the brakes like they did last night going to work

Drove home the Voltmeter needle stayed glued to 14, did drop to 13.9 because of road construction and this roosterhead cop let traffic back up 1 mile while letting other traffic go by no problem (Same road I got the ticket on on Sunday, different township though)

Got home turned off the car and restarted tested it, strong crank and turnover

My mech said to me yesterday with the train horn, and his exact quote "If you wanna eff with the car, bring it down here and eff with it. I can help you, I'm right here if you have a problem, plus it's harder for me to go get the car at your house. If nothing's going on on a certain day, you can eff with the car all day if you want" And that's what happened today

He seems to think it's the Delta's disturbtor. He's been busy since I had it towed down there. He's going to get into it today, and I asked him, can we fix it together. He said "If nothing's going on, sure!"

This is my mech's father. I've known the family since I was 5. He's said to my parents many times, I remind him of his kids

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote