Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 11-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
temporarily disable security - NO STEALING

Hi,
strange question but bear with me.
Is it possible in a NO START situation to disable the security system so that I can at least drive away from a lonesome parking lot or something like that?

Why I ask.
The German frequencies for the key fobs are very vulnerable to interference. Mostly from high voltage power lines, police patrol cars (if they are communicating, or real close) radio antennas on buildings.

So some Alero drivers already had the problem that they parked their car in a lot and couldn't drive home with their groceries. Most times dragging the car a couple hundred meters further away helped.

But in my case, all of sudden my #1 keyfob stopped working and I lay stranded. Thankfully a friend could pic me up and I could get #2.

So how to temporarly disable it, so I can limp home and check whats wrong.
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
This is me pulling an idea out of my ass...

But wouldnt there be a fuse for the security system that you could pull to disable it?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
what does the key fob have anything to do with anything?

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Most people here in the states bypass the system, completely

I'm not really too sure how they do it, I think they cross two wires and it is bypassed then. IDK if maybe you could hook up a toggle switch to those 2 wires, in a hidden plate, and flip it if the interference happens

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
theres a wire behind the glove box that you can put a toggle switch into. and with your car running you can flip that switch and your securety system should be bypassed... untill your batterys dead or you remove it for repairs. then you flip the switch next time you go to start it. thats all i know. i did this once when i attmepted to installed a remote start in my GL. are you sure the battery in the fob didnt just go dead?

id also like to ask.... what does your key fob do? over here all it does is lock and unlock your car and set off the panic alarm. none of those features would effect the ignition security feature.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
falloutboy
GL Member

finally I can post again. My IP was blocked.

So I answer fast. The keyfob, sends a signal to security system allowing the car to start. If you unlock the car and don't start it for a certain amount of time, then try to start it. It just turns over attempts to run but shuts off. I think it either blocks the signal to the injectors or the ignition.

so you have to press the unlock button before you wanna start the car. This can be one of the things neccery to allow import of a car to Germany, though.

can someone post a wiring diagram highligting the wires behind the glove box?

Ohh by the way I think the system is called PASSLOCK or something like this.
it the same system you u relearn if you press the lock/unlock buttons for some seconds.
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 11-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I've used the toggle switch for the bypass when I installed the remote starter...its best out of the way and hidden, but it puts the passlock in the what is called failed enable I believe where you can start the car...but you have to look at the security light...its in a thread on here somewhere.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
falloutboy
GL Member

Ok, THAT you have to clarify for me.
Lets see if I can find some diagramms, while you guys look if you find the posts
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
falloutboy
GL Member

Hi found that TSB that kinda refers to my problem.

Bulletin No.: 99-08-52-005C

Date: January 30, 2008

INFORMATION
Subject:
Remote Keyless Entry Operational Characteristics

Models:
1997-2008 All Passenger Cars and Trucks
2003-2008 HUMMER H2
2006-2008 HUMMER H3
2005-2008 Saab 9-7X

with Remote Keyless Entry

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to add model years and additional information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 99-08-52-005B (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

The following information regarding Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) operation may be given to customers as needed.

The General Motors RKE systems operate on high frequency radio signals. Therefore they may be subject to radio signal interference which will affect RKE operation. Some of the typical conditions which result in reduced RKE transmitter operation are listed below.

To prevent battery drain, RKE transmitter will lock up if any button or buttons are depressed longer than 30 seconds. The transmitter will unlock if another button is depressed. While programming the transmitter in the relearn mode, use the J 43241 tester, to confirm that the signals are being transmitted to the RCDLR. If the RKE locks up during the programming, depress another button to unlock the RKE.
Note Always refer to SI for latest diagnostic information

Proximity to radio towers airports police and fire towers.
The presence of fluorescent lighting.
Installation of some aftermarket accessories have been known to affect the RKE performance as well.

Some brands of radar detectors CB radios walkie talkies mobile radios cell phone chargers and cell phones (especially 3-watt bag phones which are placed on the floor of the vehicle) have jammed the radio frequencies of the RKE system.

Remember these devices do not have to be in the customers vehicle. They may be in another vehicle which is in close proximity. However if the customer has one of these devices in their vehicle and if the RKE system works with these aftermarket devices unplugged refer the customer to the aftermarket supplier. The aftermarket device may not meet the requirements of the FCC Code.

If the customer comments that the remote transmitter fails to operate press each button on the transmitter one at a time while observing the vehicle systems.

If only the fuel door (Cadillac) or panic button (all other vehicles) works or the transmitter fails to operated re-synchronize the system following the transmitter synchronization procedure found in the Keyless Entry sub-section of Body & Accessories in the Service Manual.
This happend with my #1 key fob. But all tries to reprogramm / relearn this keyfob were without success. The lock / unlock buttons never reacted. Its probably more a problem of the circuit IN the key fob.

If the RKE system is auto-synchronized reprogram the transmitter following the procedures in the Keyless Entry sub-section of SI.

DO NOT REPLACE ANY COMPONENTS.

Re-synchronization must be performed if the following conditions exist:

The batteries of the keyless entry transmitter have been replaced. A keyless entry transmitter is malfunctioning.

If all of the transmitter buttons fail to function check the battery and transmitter using tester J 43241. Refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 83-90-12.

If the transmitter passes the test program the RKE system following the procedures in the Keyless Entry sub-section of Body & Accessories in the Service Manual.

Remember when programming the system, all transmitters for the vehicle must be present for the programming to be successful.

On many 2006 vehicle lines RKE transmitter commands can be viewed using a scan tool (under RCDLR Data Displays).

If the transmitter fails the test with the tester J 43241 replace the batteries and retest the transmitter using the tester J 43241. If the transmitter still fails the test replace the transmitter.
------------------------------

I talked to a German shop that permanently deactivates the passlock / theft deterent system in Aleros and he told me that it could only be done permanently.
He mentioned another Car type were sliding doors could be programmed to the keyfob using the US RCDLR --- WHAT THE HECK IS RCDLR ????

Here is a wiring diagram I found, but I kinda get the feeling that is not all there is to this system. Where is the receiver for the keyfob?

This is starting to get pretty annyoing. There has to be a way that I can drive my car even if the keyfob fails
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 11-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
falloutboy
GL Member

Sorry just have to ask.
You (Americans) can start the car, no matter the time between the opening of the door and turning the key in the ignition lock?

If yes. The US and German (Export) system is way different. DANG
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 11-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
i could walk up to my locked car.. unlock the door with my key. get in and start the car. hell i could go though the trunk and do it if i desired. heck. i oculd leave the door open for hours and still start it. half the time the way my door latch is working ill give the door a bit of a push but its not enough to latch it all the way. ill leave it that way all day and go to work. no issues

rcdlr is Remote Control Door Lock Reciever.

are youabsolutly POSITIVE you have to use the key fob in the mannar you discribed and your not simply having a security issue?

also. for clarification. PASSLOCK only deals with your ignition key. has absolutly nothing to do with the key fob. so as far as im concerned whith what i know... your key fob and your passlock antitheft are two complete differnt componants.

Last edited by a.graham52 : 11-03-2011 at 12:07 PM.
a.graham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #12
falloutboy
GL Member

I am asking the other German Alero owners.
But my car does it like this. To be honest thats not a uncommon system - a couple Nissan or other cars have this kind of a system, so I didn't wonder if the system is working properly.

I'll report back as soon as I heard something from the others.
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 11-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #13
falloutboy
GL Member

alright. got response from different German Alero drivers
All the same, you have to push the unlock button on the keyfob and then you have about 2 mins to start the car.
If you shut the car off you have about 2 min to start it again, or you have to press the button on the keyfob.

Now the question, what is different? Is it a signal that can be overridden, or do I have to program the BCM or PCM?
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 11-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

in my opinion id start looking for a german shop manual for your car and start doing your home work. that system is something iv never seen in my life and id rather not starting stabbing in the dark.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #15
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
This is odd... my car's security is messing up and i cant start it so i have to open the trunk close it lock the doors unlock the doors one of those things then it will start
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #16
falloutboy
GL Member

@ graham, that is the problem there is no dedicated German / Export shop manual. And especially no dedicated wiring diagrams.

I asked around and all our German Aleros have this kind of theft deterrent.

If someone has an idea where to look, i'm thankful.
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 11-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #17
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

ok well lets check the basics. does either key fob work? do all or some of the fob functions work? how far away does the keyfob work?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #18
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone with HP tuners around you or anyone you know? Unlock the PCM, make the car do this while scanning. Delete the DTC's that come up. You will want to change the Serial to PWM(Pluse Width Modulated). Bingo-bango.... no more stupid security.
I am not familiar with the system you speak of really, this one is new to me. But an idea for you is to hit up HPTuners forum and look for Greg Banish. If anyone I know would know about this system, it would be him. Guys, I bet it is part of the Passlock system and I also bet if he were to resistor the yellow wire you guys are thinking of it will dissable this whole system. Not sure though, but from the description it sure sounds like it activates the Passlock system.
Fallout, when this happens does the "Security" lamp blink in your cluster?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #19
falloutboy
GL Member

Ok first of we really have to separate betwwen the problem of Hellfire5670 and mine.
He uses the US system you all know.

I have the problem that the Export / German system works differently, apparently, but without any errors. Except the error that occurs from the fact that the CE conform keyfobs use the same frequencies as our police cars.

The darn this is, I don't know anyone around here that has HPtuners (altough it is a awesome software)
I am not looking to disable the system in its whole, cause that should be reported to the insurance company, thus rising my insurance rates.
I am looking for a solution that helps me if I get stuck in a parking lot or my keyfob broke and I am too far away from my second one.

Something that atleast lets me drive the cars a km or for half an hour.

I'll see if I find he wiring diagrams for the passlock and theft deterent.
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 11-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #20
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
If the security lamp is not blinking when system activates, I dont think that the "yellow" wire job will override it. See if you can get a hold of Greg on HP, he may know something about your set-up.