Just Turbo the Mofo

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/99-04%20Grand%20Am.htm

So save about a grand...not bad
Coldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #24
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
yeah but good luck on ever actually getting that kit, from what i hear it takes them forever to send the stuff out
Old 04-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #25
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
99% of manufacturers that make "kits" that fit the 3400, whether S/C or turbo, do not keep stock on the shelf. Since this isn't a heavy market, they're usually made to order. This accounts for most of the delays most people get.

Keep in mind, if it's good quality, it's worth the wait.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #26
SilverBullet256

right but about 2800 for good quality without a huge wait is better in my oppinion
Old 04-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #27
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
well, dont keep everyone in suspense.....

what's $2,800, without a wait, AND good quality?

Old 04-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #28
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
where are you getting 2800? without a wait....jeremy is way busy with family, and hp is 3495.....

whatever happened to the supposed s/c for sale from the guy in colorado with the 442 alero??...i contacted him a few times and he never answerwed back, but you may have better luck
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:19 AM   #29
SilverBullet256

well i was saying a kit from dpp, but i guess they may be busy alot, but from what i understand they dont take months tp get it done and poop it out
Old 04-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #30
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by jturkey69@Apr 1 2006, 11:03 PM
where are you getting 2800? without a wait....jeremy is way busy with family, and hp is 3495.....

whatever happened to the supposed s/c for sale from the guy in colorado with the 442 alero??...i contacted him a few times and he never answerwed back, but you may have better luck

actually i sent you an email with pics to the email address you gave me, and I never heard back from you after that. But it doesn't matter anymore cuz i'm keeping the supercharger and the intercooler and eventually going twincharged........

oh and i don't have the 442 alero anymore
Old 04-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #31
O1gagt

Ok then........ show me two 3400 engines with an Eaton (not the magnacharger kit) that was lightly modified and that still allows the hood to close. If you can do that then you will earn back some respect. Untill then quit giving bad advice. If it were so simple it would be alot more common.

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverBullet256+Mar 28 2006, 10:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverBullet256 @ Mar 28 2006, 10:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>and beyond that, a couple of other eatons can be used with a little fabrication but not much, you just need to know the right car and poop to get them from
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-SilverBullet256
@Mar 30 2006, 01:41 PM
i did say with modifications
[/quote]
Old 04-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #32
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kwhauck+Apr 2 2006, 10:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kwhauck @ Apr 2 2006, 10:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jturkey69@Apr 1 2006, 11:03 PM

actually i sent you an email with pics to the email address you gave me, and I never heard back from you after that. But it doesn't matter anymore cuz i'm keeping the supercharger and the intercooler and eventually going twincharged........

oh and i don't have the 442 alero anymore
[/b][/quote]
hmm...i know you had pics in the thread of some parts...like the turbo header set-up, but i dont remember seeing the s/c pics

Old 04-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #33
SilverBullet256

ok and go shove a pipe up your ass, i forgot everybody knows everything about every person in the world and every little thing they do in their every day lives, so then you must be right, there is absolutely no way that anybody out there that coudlnt have done it period, its completely impossible since every person in the world tried and failed, i totally forgot that my bad

and did you ever stop to think you could use an m90 but you would need to get a custom drive shaft made and fit onto the nose of the s/c so you can fit it where the battery is, yeah it might cost a little but its not hard for a good machine chop to fabricate it, and if i remember correctly, crazy had one made for his charger, but he has a magnacharger i believe, but it proves that it is possibly to have a custom drive shaft fit onto the nose, might cost a nice chunk of change but still cheaper than buying a "kit", yeah but dont worry i never did my "homework" you must have been able to tell that from the minute you met me, o wait you know nothing about me or what i would know
Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #34
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

:smack:

Old 04-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #35
SilverBullet256

hahaha, if thats directed at me im sorry, and im sorry for flippping out on this thread everybody, remember this was a thread asking what everybody knew, some people might know or think different things, so people dont necessarily have bad information
Old 04-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #36
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

it's cool man....just next time, raise your hand and wait to be called on
(j/k, I know I can be a jackass sometimes hahahah)

Old 04-06-2006, 01:11 AM   #37
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

heres something i had to almost laugh at, but then i got to thinkin...anyone will do anything for more speed, and since they did it with what they had, i have to respect it

enjoy
http://mrspeed.biz/probesckit.aspx

Old 04-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #38
SilverBullet256

well honestly it would work.... but id personally rather has less pulley's, so id just have the long shaft built onto the nose of the charger