Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
first off if these questions have been asked before sorry. i just felt this is the best way to get the answers i need. i found a Digital Horsepower PCM on PFYC.com and i'm not sure how it works. is it that they send you a new one that plugs into were the stock one is and you send them your old one? Also were is the PCM located. i haven't tried looking but if someone could point me in the right direction. i think that is about it and sorry if this has been asked before. Here is a link

DO WORK
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #2
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
yes they send u the new one and then u send in your old one. pcm is located under the passenger side dash..... kinda behind the glovebox.

one thing to consider is u will need to run premium fuel if u get the dhp..... so factor that into your decision

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #3
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

thanks for your help

DO WORK
Old 04-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by SweetNLow@Apr 1 2006, 09:20 PM
yes they send u the new one and then u send in your old one. pcm is located under the passenger side dash..... kinda behind the glovebox.

one thing to consider is u will need to run premium fuel if u get the dhp..... so factor that into your decision

Damn....you must have a weird one.....my '03 it's located under the drivers side dash left of the steering column.

and about that security relearn....I'm happy as hell that the PowrTuner lets me set the timer for security relearn down to 1 minute

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:47 PM   #5
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

PowrTuner?

DO WORK
Old 04-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #6
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
PowrTuner, made by the same company that does the performance PCM's. Digital Horsepower sells the preprogrammed PCM's for $99 through various distributors like DonkeyPunchPerformance for example, but you can also buy their programmer that lets you tune everything to your liking, last I checked PT price was about $399

Old 04-02-2006, 08:35 AM   #7
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack+Apr 1 2006, 11:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackJack @ Apr 1 2006, 11:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SweetNLow@Apr 1 2006, 09:20 PM

Damn....you must have a weird one.....my '03 it's located under the drivers side dash left of the steering column.
[/b][/quote]

x2 and the 2000's dont need the relearn.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #8
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

SweetNLow what year is your car?

DO WORK
Old 04-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #9
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

found this on the web site. how many of you did this after install?

ABOUT CASE LEARN:
It is advisable to make a trip to the dealer and instruct them you have a DTC P1336 which calls for a CASE learn. Some may refer to it as a Crank Positioning. Use some degree of discretion while asking them *NOT* to reflash the PCM. If they reflash the PCM, all your tweaks are gone forever. It's a simple process that should take no more than 5 minutes. Most dealers do not have a problem with it. Many do it for free while other may charge a modest fee for it.

DO WORK
Old 04-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #10
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

yeah, and I have yet to see a dealership charge a "modest" fee for anything

Old 04-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #11
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack@Apr 2 2006, 12:59 PM
yeah, and I have yet to see a dealership charge a "modest" fee for anything
how much did they charge you?

DO WORK
Old 04-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #12
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by jackal2000+Apr 2 2006, 07:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jackal2000 @ Apr 2 2006, 07:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack@Apr 1 2006, 11:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SweetNLow
Quote:
@Apr 1 2006, 09:20 PM

x2 and the 2000's dont need the relearn.
[/b][/quote]

well i guess im wrong then on this one..... alwasy thought it was on the passenger side...... but seeing that ive never had it out i wouldnt know for sure. so i shouldve kept my mouth shut.......... gee now i feel like one of the 15044 people on here that comment when they dont know what they are talkin about!

Old 04-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #13
mfuller

No worries Sweet....the one on the passenger side is the body control module (BCM).
Old 04-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #14
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
my relearn cost me $40, i was kinda pissed, the dealership charged me for 30 min of work when it only took like 5 min like the site says. oh well, its still a good deal.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #15
SweetNLow
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by mfuller@Apr 2 2006, 06:36 PM
No worries Sweet....the one on the passenger side is the body control module (BCM).

ah........ well see there is some junk over on the passenger side then

Old 04-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #16
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetNLow+Apr 2 2006, 01:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SweetNLow @ Apr 2 2006, 01:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>gee now i feel like one of the 15044 people on here that comment when they dont know what they are talkin about! [/b]

no biggie bro, but unlike most of em, you've got enough nutz to man-up and say so.

<!--QuoteBegin-mfuller
@Apr 2 2006, 05:36 PM
[/quote]

yeah, and at least you knew there was some kind of computer there...heh

Old 04-03-2006, 02:16 AM   #17
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by alerored04@Apr 2 2006, 07:52 PM
my relearn cost me $40, i was kinda pissed, the dealership charged me for 30 min of work when it only took like 5 min like the site says. oh well, its still a good deal.

same here except mine was 30$
Old 04-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #18
1WhiteOSV

Definitly under the DRIVER'S side dash (all Alero's.....)

it is an AWESOME mod..get it..you will LOVE it

I had an 02 and it needed the re-learn (can do it yourself in your garage...it takes 10-30 mins....)

Install new PCM
Turn key to "on" position and let sit for 10 minutes (till security light stops flashing)
then turn key to "off" position
then turn key to "crank" (try to start the car)
if it starts, you're done...if not, do NOT turn key back off, just turn one click back to "on" position and let sit another 10 mins (till security light stops flashing)
then turn key back "off"
then try to crank again.......if it does not start, repeat procedure till it starts

Do not pay a dealership to do this......it requires NO mechanical skill....just patience.......anyone who pays for this is just plain ignorant and apparently not confident(no offense to those who did...but c'mon)......it's SUPER easy
Old 04-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #19
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
we didnt pay for the security learn we paid for the case learn, the crank sensor one, guess i didnt say which learn i paid for, my bad.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #20
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by alerored04@Apr 3 2006, 01:31 PM
we didnt pay for the security learn we paid for the case learn, the crank sensor one, guess i didnt say which learn i paid for, my bad.

ditto.

i had to get it cause of my underdrive crank pulley