Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-16-2006, 02:07 AM   #1
rollinpropercc3
GX Member

rollinpropercc3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rollinpropercc3
guys...i want a supercharger...but the only one i find is from rsm for $4500....does anyone know of anything cheaper or some mod that will do tHA same....i want tha blow off valve noise... & THA hp....

vvrrooommmm...pisss...vrrroooommmm....pisss

HAHA
Old 04-16-2006, 03:07 AM   #2
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
there's the GM supercharger kit that was just released for the ecotec engine but that won't get you the blow off valve noise because there's no blow off valve. you could get the RSM kit like you said, but its pricey and i've heard of a lot of people having problems with it. then there's the Hahn Racecraft turbo kit for the ecotec, but the intercooler piping was made for a manual tranny, so you'd have to fabricate your own pipes.

then there's the option of building your own turbo kit piece by piece. in my opinion, this is the most cost effective way to boost your engine because you get to select what parts you want to have and where you buy them, instead of having a premade kit with certain parts you might not neccessarily want.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:20 AM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
hahaha, or if like you said, you just want the BOV sound (psssh), there's a rediculous little horn BOV kit that imitates that sound when you hit the horn button....but I prefer the real thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Universal-T...050586271QQrdZ1

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
rollinpropercc3
GX Member

rollinpropercc3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rollinpropercc3
def. prefer tha real thing...but my car is a 5 speed....ya'll mentioned fabricating my own...i wouldn't know where to begin....anywhere to get instructions manual etc?? and how much (estimate) would it differ?? rsm $4500 vs buildin my own $$$???
Old 04-17-2006, 03:06 PM   #5
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
check out Hahnracecraft.com ....
Old 04-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
dude if you want an s/c just get the gm s/c for the ecotec, its only like 2800 and it has everything you need to bolt right on, except you need to get your pcm reflashed at a gm dealership that will do it
Old 04-18-2006, 12:39 AM   #7
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally posted by rollinpropercc3@Apr 16 2006, 06:36 PM
def. prefer tha real thing...but my car is a 5 speed....ya'll mentioned fabricating my own...i wouldn't know where to begin....anywhere to get instructions manual etc?? and how much (estimate) would it differ?? rsm $4500 vs buildin my own $$$???
try this http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...=56976&t=56976 it's a general parts list if you want to make your own turbo kit. also read through the FAQ's at the top of the Boost forum on that site...here's a link http://www.j-body.org/forums/list.php?f=40

since you do have the 5 speed, you could contact Hahn Racecraft, they make ecotec turbo kits for cavaliers and sunfires. since aleros have the same ecotec, it might fit. only thing i can think of is that the intercooler piping might need to be modified a little since our frames are different from the j-bodies. but for the most part it should fit. give them a call or send an email and ask if they've ever tried it on an n-body.