Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
jackal

There is a guy in my area who says he has a mizly motorsports camshaft satge 1 for the 3400, if I buy this will I have to due a pcm upgrade, and if I don't have to due a pcm upgrade will I still have to switch to premuim gas? Will my local mech be able to put this in or will I need a motor shop for this? Also has anybody used this and if so waht kind of gains have you seen, or experiences with it?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #2
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
from what i understand, to use toe milzy camshaft you need to get their heads too or something cause the lift is too high for stock heads and the valves would get smashed
Old 04-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #3
O1gagt

The stage 1 cam will work with the stock heads, however to get the full potential of the cam I would port the heads, Port the manifolds, get headers, and then tune it properly. I would recommend headers before a cam.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
for their stage 1 cam? I'm not sure about needing new heads bro. Maybe for the stage 2. Best bet is to contact Mike direct and ask him/his people about it, and get ready to get your ass raped on the price.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:10 AM   #5
El_Diablo

no, you do NOT need head for the stage 1, i would suggest you upgrade the valve springs however, as at stock levels they already have valve float

also, no premium gas will be needed and you dont need to tune the PCM.... however, as with all mods, you will get more power out of tuning the setup

a reputable mechanic should be able to do a cam swap with no problems but the engine does have to come out or the subframe dropped to get the old cam out and the new cam in so when you do that it would be a good time to take care of any other problems you have
Old 04-21-2006, 12:36 AM   #6
O1gagt

Quote:
Originally posted by El_Diablo@Apr 20 2006, 11:10 PM
no, you do NOT need head for the stage 1, i would suggest you upgrade the valve springs however, as at stock levels they already have valve float

also, no premium gas will be needed and you dont need to tune the PCM.... however, as with all mods, you will get more power out of tuning the setup

a reputable mechanic should be able to do a cam swap with no problems but the engine does have to come out or the subframe dropped to get the old cam out and the new cam in so when you do that it would be a good time to take care of any other problems you have

I wouldn't necessarily say that you don't need to tune the PCM. Until you have the cam in the car and scanned fuel trims &KR, then there is no deffinate answer on the question of the stage 1 cam needing tuning.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:17 AM   #7
El_Diablo

i know its not required due to others setups with this cam, the computer can adjust for small fueling differences..... however, i do recomend getting a tuner
Old 04-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #8
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
o sorry guys i was wrong i was thinking you needed it with the stage one too, i went to their website once and thought i read it, my bad
Old 04-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
jackal

thanks for the replies and answers but where would i get the valve springs at?
Old 04-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #10
El_Diablo

well you could use ls1 springs or ls2/ls6 springs (basically the same spring) and i think theres another option

there was a place you could get them cheap but i cant remember, im sure blackjack would though... theres a thread on GAGT that shows you how to install them though.... you can find more info over at 60degreev6
Old 04-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #11
O1gagt

Quote:
Originally posted by jackal@Apr 22 2006, 04:55 PM
thanks for the replies and answers but where would i get the valve springs at?

http://60degreev6.com/store/index.php?act=...od&productId=25

$50 for a set of 12, which is probably the cheapest that you will find them
Old 04-23-2006, 04:31 PM   #12
El_Diablo

damn, forgot that he now sells him on his store.. i was looking for the link over there to some from LPE and i was going crazy lol

thanks
Old 04-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #13
jackal

I really appreciate all of this and now it seems that i will probably have a camshaft upgrade here in a couple of weeks and i'm hopen to go to the track before and after to see any diffrences.