Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-19-2004, 05:05 PM   #1
bigd6983

For pictures go My Webpage and click on page 4 for the intake pictures

Thread Title: WAI w/ heatshield

Store/Site purchased:Ebay, Division one autoworks www.divisionone.com
Cost/Shipping:59 + 15 shipping
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props:automated service so crappy service, quick shipping, easy payment service

Initial product impressions, quality: looked ok, shinyness didnt fool me, but got exactly what was pictured
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc:none, pretty straight forward on what you are suppose 2 do
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITAretty easy, when you have the right tools
If not self installed, cost of installation:self installed

Performance, appearance opinions:aggressive sound, a bit of performance
Any other thoughts about the product: read more down

A little over priced but whatever I got money to throw around lol just playin. Came with a heat shield, dont know how much it affects it yet, going to get use to it on then take it off see if i can feel and hear any difference. First impression when i put it on was it sounds awesome, sounds mean, and the thing I liked best is when I let off the throttle, it gets quiet(great thing if your slammin on it and see cops!). Installation wasnt too bad although it was not a total direct fit, had to move somethings around to get it to work good. I would give it a 2 in difficulty.
As far as feeling a difference, I felt a slight pick up like 5 horses or something, which is OK but what got me was the sound, it sounds incredible at partial throttle and even better at full throttle so as far as satisfaction I would give it a 4 1/2 only reason it didnt get a 5 was the price was a lil steep.

I would recomend it to anyone that wants a lil performance with a great sound.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
Pacho

I like the switch panel you got on the console, did you custom make that?
Old 04-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #3
bigd6983

Yea it was custom done, I had the switches for about 2 months before i finally got off my butt to do it, just found a piece of plastic big enough to size it out, did all the wiring, and used a harness that plugs and unplugs so its easy to remove the radio if i need 2, the harness was something youd find for inside your computer tower, got it at fry's for like 3 bucks
Old 04-19-2004, 05:49 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Just checked out your Cardomain, everything looks good. I esp liked the Honda dissin pictures. :thumbsup:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:03 PM   #5
bigd6983

Thanks redog, I checked out yours too, looks good. Looking at yours tells me I need a tint bad lol is there anything to look for when going to get it done as far as if they are going to do a good job and afterwards if they did a good job, like some things I should look for? and how much did it all cost you? I want super dark on the rear and back 2 windows, and slightly on my drivers.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:41 PM   #6
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
i like it man...nice car.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:08 PM   #7
bigd6983

thanks johny boy, i dig yours too. have been thinkin bout getting some of those grill inserts
Old 04-19-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

you should. I have the side two on mine...the front one got taken out by a robin and I liked the look w/o so I left it out. Silver would be my opinion. It looks the best on a black car.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #9
bigd6983

yea im checking out the silver on yours and it looks good, but i want to do a stealth look on mine, looking for a black exhaust tip, black out the windows........keep it dark, but ill check into the silver
Old 04-19-2004, 07:56 PM   #10
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

sounds cool...you can get black too...its all your preference
Old 04-23-2004, 04:59 PM   #11
1WhiteOSV

My friend put one of those filters on his 97 GAGT. It's better than stock but I had an extra K&N sitting at home and sold it to him for $25 and he said the K&N was MUCH better than the one w/ the heat shield. If you take that heat shield off you can see how SMALL the filter is..wow..i was pretty shocked, it's not ANYWHERE close to the size of a regular cone filter (that means less airflow too!)...just my 2 cents on the heat-shielded filters.
-adam-
Old 04-24-2004, 02:40 AM   #12
bigd6983

o i know its small, ive looked at it, and yea I am going to go with a k&n when this one gets dirty, but for now its fine, no complaints.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:15 AM   #13
dadirtybulldog

looks great... one of the best looking wai i've seen... although i don't know how it's much air through that heat sheild, if you were to take it off i bet you would get better performance while losing some of the agressive sound, a trade off probably worth taking, but who knows how your filter would hold up or if the heat would be too intense.... all in all, looks great :thumbsup:
Old 05-28-2004, 12:56 AM   #14
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983@Apr 19 2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks redog, I checked out yours too, looks good. Looking at yours tells me I need a tint bad lol is there anything to look for when going to get it done as far as if they are going to do a good job and afterwards if they did a good job, like some things I should look for? and how much did it all cost you? I want super dark on the rear and back 2 windows, and slightly on my drivers.
Thanks for the input and complenments

I knew the guy who did mine. It cost me $140. I have 15% all around. I would suggest getting the same all around. Check your local tint laws first and see how dark you can go. My car is illegal in PA (30% max) but Philly cops have better thing to do than bust chops for tint.

If your interior is dark You don't have to tint too dark. I had a black cavi with black interior with 15% and it looked a lot darker than the Alero with 15%.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote