Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 09-09-2004, 11:26 AM   #1
coredump

Store/Site purchased: RSM Racing Canada
Cost/Shipping: $322 with taxes, picked up.
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: No problems at all here. Craig, the sales guy I dealt with seemed very knowledgable and was willing to answer any questions I had.

Initial product impressions, quality: Very good quality. All parts included.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: I was disappointed with the instructions. I think they were intended for someone who has more knowledge and understanding of the car. Some of the steps were very general like remove the stock air box... uhh... ok... I didnt know how many screws/bolts it was or where they were located so there was some guessing.

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA:
hard... Keep in mind I'm clueless about cars. Took me like 2 hours to get the old intake out. Mainly issues of not knowing what I had to remove, and a couple of reallly tough bolts. For someone more comfortable under the hood of their car I cant see it being difficult.
It also took me a little while to get the Intake layed out correctly.

If not self installed, cost of installation: Self installed.

Performance, appearance opinions:
I noticed more response on the throttle. Car has a nice growl to it now, and I can hear a slight whistle sound when my windows down from the intake sucking air.

Any other thoughts about the product:
Aside from some difficulty with the instructions not being detailed enough for someone like me, and as a result having some difficulties removing the stock intake I'm very impressed. For someone who is more mechanically inclined and at home under the hood of their car I would think this would be a very easy install for them.

In regards to the instructions I did talk with Craig (sales rep for the Canadian side of things) and suggested a little more detail along with a tools list. He told me that more detail on the instructions was something they were planning on doing along with adding pictures.

Anyway, heres a pic of it installed. I've tweaked it a few times since i took the pic so it sits better than it currently looks.