Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-16-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
AntAlero

Latley I've been hearing a high pitch noise coming from the front end of my car. The noise seems like its either feedback from the radio or a problem from my AC/heat blower. I hear the noise when I have the radio on, its seem to start when I have my radio on AM, but it also happens on FM. The car is making this noise when I also have the radio off and sometimes seem to get louder when I accelerate. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do? I don't think it is a particular radio station that is causing this problem since I hear this noise on all stations and when the radio is off.

Another noise that I have is a rubbing sound that i get that seems to be coming from my tires or brakes when i'm driving apx 15MPH and lower, I recently got my roters cut and that kinda helped for a day do you think I 'm just in need for new roters and or pads or is this problem something else? Please let me know. Thanks!!
Old 10-16-2004, 08:54 PM   #2
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
dude!! i am in chicago too i think it sounds like the belt maybe???
blower motor??? yes our brakes suck ass rubbing sound hummmm??? get new pads new rotors should fix the prob
why don`t ya check out my meet i am having next weekend it`s in the midwest section
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:37 PM   #3
mobs241

sounds like a pully. change the belt and take the tensioner off. stick your fingers on both sides of the eye hole where teh bolt was and turn it... if it goes smottly its not bad, if it feels like it has some catches and such, its bad. its only like 20 bucks. but deffinily if you take the betl off, might as well replace it.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:29 PM   #4
misslindseysue

Turn off the radio, put the windows down, and see if you still hear it. Could be a wheel bearing. That'll be a high pitched whine that gets louder when you speed up. To figure out which one, find an empty parking lot. If it stops when you turn right it's the left one, if it's quiet when you turn left it's the right one.
Or you could just have something stuck in your blower if it only happens when you have the blower on. I had a leaf stuck in mine for quite some time.
The other noise could mean you need pads, but I hope someone would have told you when you got the rotors done. Could have a caliper slide stuck, that happens from time to time. If it's hung up it'll rub, but you can grease it and get it back working pretty easily.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:50 AM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Which side is it comming from? If it's the left, it probably the brakes, if you got new ones a few months ago sometimes they squeek becuase they are new.

A hub maybe.

Right side, yeah it could be the belts or a pulley.

Turn the car on and rev it from under the hood and see if you hear it. If not, it's a wheel type problem :thumbsup:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:15 AM   #6
AntAlero

Question

Thanks guys for the info. As far as the rubbing noise I think I just need new rotors.

I'm not sure if the problem is a belt becuase the noise I hear is more of a weezing sound I think something is up w/my radio, but I'm not sure how to even check that out. I let you guys know if I figure it out.
Maybe i'll start w/the belt and contine to dismantle until I figure it :o
Old 10-21-2004, 01:53 PM   #7
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
i had a wierd buzzing noise comming from the area around the passenger side airbag about 2 weeks ago, it was loud and annoying, like a blower motor or somthing.

i was in a bad mood, and i just hit the dash by the airbag...LOL, anyways it went away and hasn't come back yet....knock on wood

how's that for problem solving?