Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-15-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
cpdrummer

This is my first post, and I am in need of help. I have had my 99' Alero now for about 2 years. The front shocks seem to be going out. I would like to know what people would suggest that would not only replace my current shocks but also help with making my suspension a little more race savvy. My steering is very loose right now, and I would like to tighten it up. Also, what is the best cold air intake to get, and what are some common mods that will help my car be a little quicker off the line?
The engine runs great right now, but I would like it to be a little bit faster. Thank you all for your help!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post the performance stuff up in the right section...no one will know what engine you have
Old 05-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
this is a very open ended post. there are a lot of things you can do for your car.
we need to know what engine you have.
for suspension, drop springs and some gas struts are the way to go normally. you may be able to talk to mfuller about coilovers, but i'm not sure. the cheaper route is what i did, springtech lowering springs with monroe sensatrac struts all around. there's a how-to on installing them, too. you may also want a strut bar for handling. check out www.pfyc.com for a lot of performance parts for our cars.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
flalero

I went with KYB struts and Springtech springs on my Alero. It rode significantly stiffer than stock. Body roll was reduced a lot, but if you really want your steering to be "tight," I would replace the sway bars with some aftermarket units.