Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #21
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
It's good... aside from a VAC leak that sounds like it's coming from the EGR.

Does anyone have any pics on all of the cables (throttle, cruise, etc). from the firewall to the TB and onwards... I'm having some vibrating from those (they don't seem the same as when I took them off)...
Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #22
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Canadian View Post
It's good... aside from a VAC leak that sounds like it's coming from the EGR.

Does anyone have any pics on all of the cables (throttle, cruise, etc). from the firewall to the TB and onwards... I'm having some vibrating from those (they don't seem the same as when I took them off)...

Old 07-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post

Thanks man... I don't have that thing at the front though... how do I get one The shiny silver one haha
Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Throttle issues are sorted... really though the car isn't right and I'm not sure what it is... At around 2 k rpm when you get on the gas a bit you hear some sort of leak... sounds almost like a vac leak...

At 4 k rpm and above it turns into a bad scream... I thought it was a vac leak but I can't find anything... That and a vac leak usually presents itself off the gas right? This sounds like air escaping when I'm on the throttle which I find unusual... it almost seems like it would be an exhaust leak... but exhaust is completely unrelated to this? My idle isn't steady anymore either though so that points to a vac leak? Not sure what to do here...
Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #25
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Canadian View Post

Wouldn't we have to know what engine you have???
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #26
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Wouldn't we have to know what engine you have???

3100 good sir...

Also note that about 1 sec after I turn the car off, you hear the exact noise as if it's relieving pressure for a sec after... like letting the air out of a balloon after the car is off.

I don't get it revving in the driveway... only under load and for the first 10-15 sec you turn the car on.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #27
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Get some brake cleaner and spray around the motor while the car is idling.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote