Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 04-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Adam "fixes" Redog

Title says it all, listen for the plug wire click onto the plug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Z2d...1&feature=plcp

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
thats awesome! and redog looks awesome.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #3
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Lol adorable. Love the ending.. "No no no don't do..."

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
And here I thought I was in trouble..
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
Lol adorable. Love the ending.. "No no no don't do..."

He tried to put the car in gear

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
He tried to put the car in gear

oh come on, let him take it for a spin!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
That was cute!

You are obligated to let him take it for a spin...lol!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
have to say, he is way more cute (or cutier??) in real life.
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
awesome man. my daughter loves working on the car with me too...lol
Old 04-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
For 3 years old, that's pretty darn good! And you are one awesome dad.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Thanks all.

IDK why he thought that Redog was broken, but here's my guess.

Saturday started the new custody times, the ex drops him off at my apartment at 10am instead of me picking him up at 330. So my mom comes over and I really didn't know what to do, but I def wanted to get out of the house. So we went to Cherry Hill Mall in Cherry Hill, NJ. We did not take Redog, we took Dexy the Delta. Adam hasn't been in that car for a while due to an exhaust leak at the exhaust manifold and in the wintertime temps, the carb seems to run a bit rich, plus I just fixed the heat in February. The other reason and moreso the main reason, that car needed gas and gas in New Jersey is about 30 cent cheaper a gallon than it is in Philly. A little over 20 gallons cost me $76, v. in Philly it would have been $80. Even paying the $2 toll on the bridge, which my mom paid for anyway, just for taking her to the mall.

Anyway, we get home and we just walk in the hallway of my building and Adam says "Daddy's red car is broken" so I ask him if he wants to fix it and his little face lights up and he says "uh-huh" and practically runs back outside.

Now he's standing at the front of the car and I pop the hood, I don't even have the prop rod up yet and he's looking under the hood. If you watch the vid closely, you can see me quickly pull the plug wire off and the rest you saw.

He told his mother today that he fixed the car. He even told her exactly what he did. I thought it would piss her off, but she was very impressed.

Car or no car, I want my son to know how to fix things. My father was not handy, however he had more vision than anything. He told me in the early 1980's and my mom in the mid 1970's that one day TV's would be flat and hang on the wall like a picture frame. We didn't believe him. I do remember one project he did back in the day.

My parents were poor. They bought this cabinet to store food in. They got it very cheap because the hinge was broken. My dad took a soup can lid, Brown duct tape, and drilled some holes for some machine screw/nut combo he had laying around and still to this day, over 30 years later, it's still holding up just fine .

I did learn a lot from my uncles growing up and my grandfather (mom's father). Of course I apply a lot of that to cars, which my dad blames himself for starting me on the car kick. When I was 2, he bought me my first matchbox car. It was $2 at the hobby store. $2 in 1979 . Considering they are 88 cents at Target today, that was a lot of money back then.

I'm just trying to be a good dad with what little time I have with him every other weekend. I had him upto 7PM on Monday because I now get him every Easter Monday as well as every Easter (I'm not off Good Friday, I'm off Easter Monday) It was a very long weekend, and I'm glad it was

www.facebook.com/kb0177