Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 12-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #21
BearingBuddy
GX Member

BearingBuddy is on a distinguished road
Unique.. looks to be a nice compliment to the calipers. (Drawing attention to detail). Not my cup of tea however.
But, I have to comment on those AVS visors, they look out of place on an otherwise sharp looking Ho. WeatherTech dark would be a better blend.
BearingBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #22
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
I wonder who it will be?

nice one guys lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
Funny. Because I was thinking about doing the same thing. I don't think it will look good on mine... I really like sleepy's though

glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
i wunder if they would have looked better facing the other direction?
i would have gone with the gray or silver stripe that way they stand out well but not too well.

never seen anyone with them facing a different direction on GAGT. i liked this way better anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
I'm indifferent, not really a fan, but don't really hate it either....

glad to see you dont despise it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #23
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearingBuddy View Post
Unique.. looks to be a nice compliment to the calipers. (Drawing attention to detail). Not my cup of tea however.
But, I have to comment on those AVS visors, they look out of place on an otherwise sharp looking Ho. WeatherTech dark would be a better blend.

thanks, and the rain guards, eh maybe.... but it looks fine to me and no reason to waste the money on another set when these dont have a problem with em and they still do what they are ment for.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #24
luckilero7
GL Member

luckilero7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I kinda like it actually even with the blue to match because isn't that the purpose? My ONLY suggestion and opinion (if I were to do it) is move them more toward the front of the car on the fender. And what's wrong with trying it with plasti-dip, especially if one has some left over, to try it first just to see? Truely is a lot of negativity on this site ever since I joined 8 years ago. It's different and creative, the point of this site. Ask for help and get ideas, CONSTRUCTIVE critisism, and opinions. Not to be slammed and slandered against. Our cars are slowly becoming old and most going to shit with little aftermarket help so let the few on here that care and try... do just that. Now back to the topic.
luckilero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #25
Williamleo
GX Member

Williamleo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Williamleo
I agree with luckilero7.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #26
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamleo View Post
I agree with luckilero7.

Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #27
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckilero7 View Post
I kinda like it actually even with the blue to match because isn't that the purpose? My ONLY suggestion and opinion (if I were to do it) is move them more toward the front of the car on the fender. And what's wrong with trying it with plasti-dip, especially if one has some left over, to try it first just to see? Truely is a lot of negativity on this site ever since I joined 8 years ago. It's different and creative, the point of this site. Ask for help and get ideas, CONSTRUCTIVE critisism, and opinions. Not to be slammed and slandered against. Our cars are slowly becoming old and most going to shit with little aftermarket help so let the few on here that care and try... do just that. Now back to the topic.

well on gagt i saw em more of in the center, idk i like it where its at. but who knows it might look better further up, only way i will know is if someone else does it. and i agree with you. i tend to avoid getting into scuffs with a comment.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #28
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
i actually tried this months ago to see what it would look like. only did the drivers side, but didnt care for it too much.

that was just some blackout tape i had left over, obviously not that good of a job. but i prefer the clean look better. yours looks great tho.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #29
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

^ I think that might look better with a little bigger stripes. But the side mirrors, legit.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #30
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post

never seen anyone with them facing a different direction on GAGT. i liked this way better anyway.

i had to go look at our corvette grand sport and the stripes are facing the same way yours are... so your off the hook
Old 12-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #31
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
First off, that works on "that" car. I would have said no for sure until I saw the pics. I actually saw the post pop up a few times under new post and never even looked because I did not want to offend anyone...lol Well, I was wrong on this one bud, I think it looks dam good! The colour of the car and the rims you picked makes it work imo. Secondly, I was going to make a comment about the stripe paying homage to the Vette, but 52 there beat me to it.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #32
NONE
GX Member

NONE is on a distinguished road
seen a couple ga's like this, always wanted to see how it would look. . . looks great!
NONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
i had to go look at our corvette grand sport and the stripes are facing the same way yours are... so your off the hook

BOOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
First off, that works on "that" car. I would have said no for sure until I saw the pics. I actually saw the post pop up a few times under new post and never even looked because I did not want to offend anyone...lol Well, I was wrong on this one bud, I think it looks dam good! The colour of the car and the rims you picked makes it work imo. Secondly, I was going to make a comment about the stripe paying homage to the Vette, but 52 there beat me to it.

thanks! im glad people like the rims i have

thank you everyone else who commented, and whiterider i agree with papa, mirrors are pretty cool. lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #34
sleepyalero
GLS member

new pics

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #35
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
it still looks really light compared to the calipers
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #36
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
it still looks really light compared to the calipers

calipers need cleaned, but not doing that till spring. so for now yes, it doesnt match
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #37
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Needs moar LOWERED!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #38
sleepyalero
GLS member

son of a.......
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #39
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah needs to be supar low

my car needs to be lower too
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #40
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
son of a.......

I know what ya mean. it looks pretty freaking sweet though, I'm gonna pull my pin stripe off and try this sometime with my leftover plastic dip