Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
foot well lightß

I was at the salvage yard and was looking at a 99 alero and noticed that the foot wells have lights. So I got the light sockets that were in that car and as much wire I could get. My question is how do I wire them up on my 01 that doesn't have them. Thanks

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Just hook em into a grey wire from the cubby light, dash lights, whatever. The grey wires are set to provide power when the headlights are on (night time)
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
the foot well lights only come on when the doors are open or when you turn the dimmer switch all the way up. hooking it up to a grey wire will keep them on all the time when the headlights or running lights are on. i'm almost positive all Alero's came with courtesy lights in the foot wells.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
i dont believe mine has any in the footwells.

stock ones anyways

2002 alero gx here

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel6632 View Post
i dont believe mine has any in the footwells.

stock ones anyways

2002 alero gx here

i guess i was wrong haha o well.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I don't have any in the footwells and I have an 01 GL4 I believe.... I need to wire some up
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
S0 what wires do I tap int0?

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:37 AM   #8
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
well if i had access to my car i could look for you ... mine came with them ... 2000 GLS ... if nobody else can help you before I get back to where my car is located then Ill dig out the camera and snap some pictures of the connections and routing.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:08 AM   #9
jawa