Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
Low Collant Light

I was doing tune up on my car last week and I came across a wire that was disconnected and taped under my coolant reservoir. This was either done by the previous owner or the mechanic who put in the new engine.

So I put it back in and turned the car on and everything was fine. 3-4 days later the low coolant light comes on and stays on. No overheating and also the fluid levels are good.

I'm guessing this is a sensor issue and I should just take out the wire again or fix the sensor... but wanted to double check.
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.
bentiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
I must add that the engine was replaced about a year ago and no issues ever since.
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.
bentiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
just the sensor
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote