Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-20-2003, 01:21 AM   #1
havik

Exhausts discussed here:
- Dynomax super turbo camaro muffler

Quote:
wondering if anyone has done exhaust on there 2.2 yet... and if so any sound clips...

trying to stay away from the fart can sound and i have this weird suspiction there is no way around it wit the 2.2.....

Quote:
I chopped the stock exhaust and put on a dynomax the same one the camaro sports. The only problem with it was it has to go on backwards so if you are looking very closly you will see the seam of the muffler. I cut the bumper to make the dual look and put on 2 chrome 4'' exhaust tips.It looks sweeeeeet and sounds like a V8.

Quote:
hmm.. seriously sounds like a V8 eh??

Quote:
I have the Dynomax Super Turbo camaro muffler on it.. I like it, not ricey at all.

Quote:
yea man.. i was kinda hopin for some bigger tips with a little more body to em

you have the 2.4 right?? should sound pretty close to the 2.2???

Quote:
yeah, I would imagine... You can go bigger, the outlets on the muffler are 2.5" I downsized em to 2.25 2.5 you are gonna lose some back pressure.. So, going in the muffler I went 2.25 too.. You can go 2.5 tail pipes.. That will give you a little more.. Or so straight out the sides hot rod style so you have no bends in your tails hehe.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
havik

Discussion on Dynomax muffler again...

Quote:
Originally posted by silvermist+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silvermist)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Hey guy's how's it goin, I was wondering if yah could help my out here. I want to put the Dynomax SuperTurbo Camaro Muffler on my car it is a 2.2. Does anyone have this set up or know anything about it? it should sound pretty close to the 2.4 with this set up right? Is this muffler loud and sounds ricey or does it have more of a low rumber to it. If anyone has knowledge of this set up can you please help me out? If there are any sounds clipes can you please send them my way.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by steve_m+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steve_m)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>If you have the 2.2 you will never get a low rumble from it. That is just the reality of a 4 cylc. As for the muffler -- I don't know, why not go with something more generic -- the muffler isn't going to help performance anywhere near changing the entire exhaust system.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by molson
have that muffler on the 2.4 Sounds good. Not ricy at all IMO. Get as much rumble as you are going to get from a 4cyl.. Grouch and a few others also have the Dynomax. No popping, etc. Ask Ski, Noodle, etc, they have heard mine.

Quote:
Originally posted by notsooldalero
I have the super turbo muffler on my 2.2 and I love it. I would say its about the same as the 2.4 which I had it on prior to this one. I would say it sounds better on the 2.2L My suggestion is however, to just get the super turbo muffler not necessarily the camaro set up.. You can get the muffler 39.95 you can't beat that. Thats what I did then had an exhaust shop finish the rest, only cost me 150$ for everything. good luck matt

Quote:
Originally posted by silvermist
Hey guy's I just put the muffler on and I LUV IT!!! Molson is right, you do have a low rumble and and when you step on it doesn't sound ricy at all. Sounds real good! It acually does sound like a V6 or V8. I was real impressed. I went 2.25 into the the muffler and went with 2.5 tails with chrome tips. I didn't notch the other side of the bummer for a dual look, cause I am gettin and custom bumper built her right away. The I installed it it does look pretty good the way I have it set up..looks like Molson's set up. there is mush of a gap where the old tails use to come out and the tips are pretty much even with each other. Anyone thinkin about goin with this system I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally posted by OLDSskool
hmm sounds good.. i hope my mufflers will sound good

i have 2 seperate mufflers.. shop says they can fit it.. gonna go 2.25 as well..

mufflers are resonated so they should sound good...

glad to hear the 2.2 isnt sounding ricey with exhaust

Quote:
Originally posted by molson
Glad you like it!!

Quote:
Originally posted by pimpalero03
thats what i put on my 3.4 and i love the sound. i get complements all the time.

Quote:
Originally posted by notsooldalero
I have the superturbo muffler on my 2.2L and it sounds GREAT... the best way to describe it is it is a mixture between a flowmaster and a ricer muffler, however, it is definitely more on the lower rumble side. I wanted a distinct sounds and this is what got me it. I however do not have an sound clips. Just read the posts i have not heard 1 negative thing about the sound.

<!--QuoteBegin-JD'salero
@
Hey to you guys that have the dynomax mufflers, which size muffler did you get? I figure that a few of the sizes will fit, so which size will give me the best sound and performance? If you remember, what was the part or model number on muffler you go?
thanks
[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-Grouch

Most of us with teh Dynomax's are using the SuperTurbo Camaro replacement muffler. Part number 17739.[/quote]
Old 04-12-2004, 10:38 PM   #3
gxryan

So the super turbo muffler(not the camaro one) is made by Dynomax? and are u guys using the dual mufflers or a single and splitting it for dual, or the split and the mufflers.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:41 PM   #4
havik

It's the Dynomax super turbo camaro muffler and I've only seen the duals installed on the alero's.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:05 PM   #5
gxryan

Anyone got a sound clip for this?
Old 04-15-2004, 11:18 PM   #6
Grouch

Quote:
yeah, I would imagine... You can go bigger, the outlets on the muffler are 2.5" I downsized em to 2.25 2.5 you are gonna lose some back pressure.. So, going in the muffler I went 2.25 too.. You can go 2.5 tail pipes.. That will give you a little more.. Or so straight out the sides hot rod style so you have no bends in your tails hehe.

Yes, going to 2.5-inch pipes will lose back pressure and that IS A GOOD thing. It has been dyno proven that you do not lose any HP or torque going with 2.5 over 2.25 pipes. With the 2.5 pipes there is a slight increase in HP and torque.

Quote:
So the super turbo muffler(not the camaro one) is made by Dynomax? and are u guys using the dual mufflers or a single and splitting it for dual, or the split and the mufflers.

The Super Turbo muffler is a model of muffler made by DynoMax. There are universal ones and ones for specific vehicles. The one most of us are using is the Camaro replacment muffler. It is a single muffler with a single 2.5-inch inlet and dual 2.5-inch outlets, no splitting of the pipes necessary.

I don't have a sound clip, but I don't know of anyone that has it that doesn't like the sound. Mine's on the 2.4L. :thumbsup:
Old 04-21-2004, 11:54 PM   #7
gxryan

lol well you guys have sold me on the muffler come my next work term.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:06 AM   #8
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got a custom made 2 1/4 cat back with a single side outlet. It is a Magnaflow dual tip all in one muffler and it makes sweet sweet noises. I noticed a big improvement in my engine revving faster.
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:40 AM   #9
bdyman

agreed, i to have a custom made exhaust from a weapon-r header 2.25 outlet all the way through to a crappy catco high flow cat goin back into a magnaflow muffler
it sounds alittle bit ricy but at idle nice deep tone, great buy polished muffler,i had it for almost a year and no complaint from the muffler at all
Old 07-06-2004, 06:14 PM   #10
AleroSS

2.5 or 2.25 crush bent? What would you guys recommend?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:47 PM   #11
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
If your going to go with crushed rather then mandrel deff get 2.5 :thumbsup:

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:49 PM   #12
havik

Of those choices, 2.5.