Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 08-20-2004, 10:24 AM   #1
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.exploitedracing.com/turboECOcavi.html
what about them???
i am thinking about that company when contacted i could have in in a month
anyone heard about these guys i never have
any info if any one has any would be great
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 11:10 AM   #2
havik

NOTE: Moved from Gude Turbo Thread

I've heard of the company but don't know much about them. Here's what I found from looking around:

Site: Exploited Racing
- Well written intro providing detailed information on their work. A lifetime warranty on their products doesn't hurt either B)

Quote:
Originally posted by http://www.streetsourcemag.com/ProjectZ/
Exploited Racing has becoming one of the most well known j-body turbo kit suppliers. They currently sell turbocharger kits, and turbocharger manifolds for all styles of 3rd generation cavaliers and are constantly growing to offer more parts for more cars. They use only stainless steel for high temperature parts such as downpipes, exhaust manifolds, and exhaust systems. Currently working on several DSM systems as well.

Oh, and they post on j-body.org
Old 08-20-2004, 11:57 AM   #3
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
damn you are just a cup over flowing with info lol
iam goin to check them out
Old 08-20-2004, 01:40 PM   #4
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
they're a good company.. its run by a 17 year old kid too. he makes the turbo manifolds and stuff out his garage. i think hes 18 now. My friend has his turbo setup for his 2.4L GA. When you order from him .. he ships the stuff out asap. he don't mess around.. he'll tell ya if he needs to wait on parts.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:40 PM   #5
bdyman
GLS member

your kiding???
well the more i see the more i like, and on j-body they can`t get enough of this turbo
next yr`s project`s turbo for sure!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 02:43 PM   #6
wy3134

ive been looking at the stage 4 kit they offer and with what all comes in it, $5700 seems like a good deal, as piecing the same kit together roughly prices out to the same price range, i for one am saving right now for the stage 4. hope to have enough by the end of next summer.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:19 PM   #7
havik

After reading the j-body threads I'm not so sure about this company. Also, the owner took on a full time job so no more full kits. I hope all the crap gets sorted out and he can continue the company in the future.

Read:
Exploited Manifold cracked...
Exploited Racing cuts production...
Exploited = good stuff
Old 08-20-2004, 04:39 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Too bad he doesn't make any for the 3.4

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:48 PM   #9
wy3134

Wow im shocked on the happenings with exploited, im now gonna look at the hahn kit and see what they can do for a more powerful kit. There has been speculation about exploited and how good the kits were but glad i found out everything before it was too late.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:26 PM   #10
SikMindz
GL Member

SikMindz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SikMindz
Geez...Exploited sounds exaclty like ***. It's a disease I tell ya...nice heads up for us all Havik.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:50 PM   #11
bdyman
GLS member

damn!!! damn!!!!
oh well
looks like i have to find a different company
Old 08-21-2004, 12:33 AM   #12
Final-Reality

The full kits that he made were only for the j-body anyways. So the charge piping that routes from the turbo to the intercooler and then to the throttlebody would likely be all wrong for an Alero anyways.

You can still get a turbo manifold from him, but you'll have to source your own turbo, intercooler as well as FMU and tuning (which you would have to get done on your own anyways). As far as the charge piping is concerned, the easiest way would probably to bring it to a muffler shop and have them fabricate you the piping from 3" stainless muffler piping. Even better would be aluminum, if they happened to have any..