Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 06-21-2004, 11:45 AM   #1
havik

Just curious what mods you ecotec owners have done so far. For me, the plan is there but unfortunately not the money. I am looking into turbo, but that's a project a couple years down the line.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:05 PM   #2
AleroSS

I installed a Vtec Hamster powered supercharger Rob :P

Nah, nothing too major right now, but I think you and I see things similiarily for "down the road plans" :thumbsup:
Old 06-21-2004, 08:13 PM   #3
gxryan

lol yeah i love the "down the road" plan, I hate talking like that but going to school i can't really afford a couple thousand dollars. Heck i can barely afford to eat someday lol. But when I am working money seems to float into the car. lol
Old 07-13-2004, 06:33 PM   #4
d00fN00BeR

yeah im really low on money too right now. only got 100 atm. Just got a new job making 8 an hour though so hopefully the money starts rolling in again.

My plans are to get tint (15 % all around )
System
Lower it and get some rims (5 spoke silver)
then start work on the engine

I want to get AEM intake, then try and find a good exhaust and maybe some headers, but ultimately a turbo would be yummy.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:45 PM   #5
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
well right now i have the 62mm t/b
rk sport wai
rk sport header with 2.25 into a magnaflow muffler
same here in the furture turbo with intercooler
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:57 PM   #6
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like bdyman is the only ecotec owner with any dough! :P
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:21 PM   #7
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
ya i wish i did have allot of money little by little it slowly comes together
and oh ya p&p polish head with 3 angle vavle job and ss vavles
sooner then the turbo
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:29 PM   #8
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

right now i have flowmaster muffler with single inlet and dual outlet love the sound. but want to get 2.5 inch piping and 62mm t/b with wai from rksport and the 4 2 1 header from rksport if it fits our cars. trying to get up to about 170 hp so i can race my brothers grand am gt and them damn civic si's.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:04 AM   #9
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
it would have cost you like 12 dollars more (depending on how much olds dropped in vallue today) to get a 3400, instead of the eco.

i'll trade you cars straight up... i want an eco.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:40 PM   #10
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

To be honest with you i rather have the ecotec. plus i've only had it since april 1st of this year. The only thing i dont really like is that its a 4 door and automatic. but when i bought it i didnt know really anything about aleros or i didnt think there was this much to do to them. but i feel if i can get my car up to about 180 or more horsepower than i will be happy.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:17 PM   #11
wy3134

Im in the same boat as 03ecotec and didnt know much could be done to aleros, really didnt get into the modding till after i bought the thing....but having an automatic is actually better cause the tranny will take a little more abuse and not wear down as quickly as the manuals, but both are good choices as long as its an ecotec engine!