Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
simonclay
GX Member

simonclay is on a distinguished road
My {un-named} build thread

So after being a member on here for a little while I figured It would be a good idea to post one big build thread instead of new threads for every question or picture or update. So here it goes.

2013-03-24 16.23.15 by simonclay, on Flickr
This is how my alero looked when I first became a member of this forum. The only thing that had been done is the new hub caps, and those were only because my stock ones were cracked and one actually broke.

2013-04-20 15.27.47 by simonclay, on Flickr
Since then I have installed a JVC KWR500 head unit, and replaced the factory speakers with Sony xplod's. I'm very happy with the results and will probably post a thread or new post explaining the proccess.

In the near future I plan on installing a CAI and a full 2.5" exhaust with a high flow cat and muffler and an aftermarket header.

Last edited by simonclay : 05-06-2013 at 10:39 AM.
simonclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Your pictures are broke...but the list sounds like a good start
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
pics work for me
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if he messed with the links or it was an internet malfunction but they work for me now as well
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
simonclay
GX Member

Yeah, I had to mess with the links. Sorry about that. I didn't say it before, but this past weekend I had to replace the front passenger hub and front brakes. Now it rides smoother than ever before
Old 05-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
simonclay
GX Member

So a few weeks ago I hit a deer. And the only damage it did was dent the hood, crack the top of the headlight, and crack the header panel in a couple places. Since then I've gotten a new headlight, and I decided I was going to use the old busted one to practice clearing the corners. So I did that last night. I think it turned out good. I think I'll do my other ones soon.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by simonclay : 05-24-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Can't see the new picture
Old 05-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
simonclay
GX Member

I couldn't get the picture to post correctly, but I posted a link to it.

EDIT: I just fixed the picture, finally

Last edited by simonclay : 05-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
simonclay
GX Member

I know that there's countless threads on here on exhaust, but I have spent probably a couple hours searching through them and haven't found my answer. I'm aware that most everyone on here recommends either a flowmaster 80 or 40, or a Dynomax super turbo. I would like something quiet though. So that's my question, What muffler or exhaust set up should I try to go with that is going to be 2.5in in and out and still pretty quiet?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #10
3500Alero
GX Member

3500Alero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonclay View Post
I know that there's countless threads on here on exhaust, but I have spent probably a couple hours searching through them and haven't found my answer. I'm aware that most everyone on here recommends either a flowmaster 80 or 40, or a Dynomax super turbo. I would like something quiet though. So that's my question, What muffler or exhaust set up should I try to go with that is going to be 2.5in in and out and still pretty quiet?

I will try to get a video of my car with the dyno max on, it is slightly deeper/louder than the stock Grand Am GT muffler!
1993 c1500 turbo 3100 swap 5psi.
1976 Cutlass 350 olds stock for now
3500Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
@mgaw23
GX Member

@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in love with your deck!

2003 alero 2.2 ecotec tinted windows, cold air intake, strut bar, full pacesetter exhaust, HID lights, grill mesh, brembro brakes, kicker l7, chipped and more but looking for more mods i would like to keep my car luxury, clean and a head turner.
i do auto detailing so my car is always spotless [SIGPIC]
@mgaw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #12
simonclay
GX Member

Quote:
I'm in love with your deck!

Me too! lol. It looks awesome powered up because there's I think 32 different color options, and I have it set to cycle through all of them.