Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 10-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
alerogls001
GL Member

alerogls001 is on a distinguished road
Help please

It is raining bad in the Dallas area. When I took the kid to school this morning, my car suddenly just got really loud both from the engine area and the exhaust itself. It was pouring down so I finished getting her to school then babied it back home. I had had previous probs with the elbow for the pcv valve but it had never been that loud but i checked it anyway and it was fine. Next I Checked the mufflers and they were both still attached Cant see anything else out of place in the rain. Any ideas? My cai goes down by the wheel so would water getting in there cause that? I mean it seriously sounds like its got no mufflers and engine feels like its pulling real hard.

MP Racing CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, and PCM. High flow CAT. KYB GR2 struts. Canuck Motorsport Springs. Cross drilled rotors. Stern ST18 17" rims.
alerogls001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
You may have got to much moisture in the engine. Its possible. Try not running thru standing water if its raining or not.

Have a good day

Last edited by AGT : 10-13-2009 at 09:59 AM.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
alerogls001
GL Member

hmmm. So do you think it might be ok if it sits awhile? I suppose water could have gotten in the exhaust too to make that kind of sound- both the cat an exhaust are parts that have been replaced...

MP Racing CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, and PCM. High flow CAT. KYB GR2 struts. Canuck Motorsport Springs. Cross drilled rotors. Stern ST18 17" rims.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
alerogls001
GL Member

Well it was the Pipe right before the Exhaust manifold. Dont know if the water helped it along but obviously didnt happen over night either. It wasnt just a hole it was completely apart. 175 for part and labor. Sucks.