Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #21
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
I spun it around, with no real difference in sound. I Turn Super Bass on which helped some. The stock car speakers still seem to be out powering the subs, but it still thumps. I took small video with my digital camera and mae it into GIF so I can use it as my Avatar.

Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:30 PM   #22
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
maybe your deck and amp aren't sending same bass frequencies? i dunno bout yours, but on mine i can set my sub low pass filter to match the amp, made a big difference when i found that out...stock speakers shouldn't be outpowering your sub...definately something going on there...
Old 05-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #23
phaelium

phaelium is an unknown quantity at this point
I would suggest minimum 12 gauge and probably 8 gauge speaker wire. Consider this: If you have 4 gauge power wire and you are running 2 subs, each would take half of the power right? And half of 4 gauge wire would be 8 gauge wire I believe.

Anyways, it can't hurt to use bigger wire and its cheap for just a few feet of it, so I'd give it a try. Make sure you do the wire inside the box too (from the subs to the inside connectors on the box), not just from the amp to the quick connects on the box.

And yeah, its your decision but I would suggest aiming the subwoofers towards the rear of the car, then the soundwaves get more travel before hitting your ears (they hit the trunk and bounce back into the car). Bass sound waves expand as they travel and it usually sounds better.
phaelium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:44 PM   #24
jiffy

I had the same problem with my 10" Infinity and my stock speakers.

The problem, it seemed was 1. a air leak in the box 2. the type of music I listen to.

I originally had to have the HU turned up to 4 on the bass to hear it. I listen to indie rock and alternative, so its obviously not as bass heavy as rap. Could it be the type of music you are listening to?

I fixed the air leak as best as I could, turned my bass boost on the amp up about half way and adjusted the gain again. Now I have my HU set anywhere from 0 - 2 for the bass and it sounds good. If I put in rap I have to turn the bass below 0 though.

I also disconnected my rear speakers, so I am just running the front 4x6 plates and the sub. I'm planning on getting some components in the semi near future though.

Let me know if you come up with a reason why yours are overpowered by the stock speakers though...
Old 05-11-2005, 09:46 PM   #25
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
I listen to rock/alternative rock. I was gonna try a rap CD, see what it does.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:05 PM   #26
jiffy

double check for any airleaks too (assuming your box is sealed and not ported). I had mine hooked up with the leak and I thought it sounded good, not great but pretty good once I turned the bass up some on the HU.

I was amazed once I got the box fixed and adjusted my bass boost.